Herding Classes?

rusty&biscuit

Hi everyone! Was unsure where to post this, but was just wondering if there were any dog herding classes or something like that in far north queensland? I am in Cairns but have always wanted to train my australian shepherd to herd either sheep or cattle and have a chance to play arond with it. But living in suburbia obviously I can't :p But is there anyone in the tablelands or inisfail/tully that do this? Thanks in advance :)

Hopefully someone from QLD will come in and comment but from chatting with a BC person near Cairns, she said she has always wanted to but has never found anywhere. It would be great if someone knows a place because I will pass it on if they do :)

I'm not sure how sheep would go with the humidity up there. But ducks and cattle would be doable I would think. Maybe contact the QLD Working sheepdog Assoc (or whatever they are called up there) and ask them, they might be able to at least give you details of a member up that way who knows more.

you could contact the wkc (Working Kelpie Council) there are many training days and schools for 'working' dogs, they dont have to be kelpie. They might be able to point you in the right direction.....?....

A Rottie member in QLD oes herding with her Rottweilers, we aso have a FB page called Herding and the Rottweiler. Feel free to join that page and ask Marianne where she goes

Have fun, it's awesome seeing your dogs "get it" :D