Before Dslr. Some Old Film Pics.

Kirislin

Love all the old pics, brings back lots of memories of the days when the world was a completely different place to what it is now. This is a pic of our familys' (when I was single) White German Shepherd, yes, they were still German Shepherds back 42 years ago. She was named Kimba, after the cartoon white lion series on TV. Only our Kimba was a female, and an exceptionally smart dog at that. Also Sheba, our German Shepherd that we got when our daughter was only 3 yrs old, that was back 37 years ago.

Gorgeous pics Marion. :)

ETA and gorgeous doggies too. :love:

Edited by k9angel

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6735112979_1f3fc39e13.jpg

This one has 1928 on the back and also their names.

Boy looking at a peacock.

6736016185_cf455a6c67.jpg

6736016173_e514898bb8.jpg

6736016161_425e07649e.jpg

6736016155_644b19e420.jpg

6736016149_f10acddbe9.jpg

I am pretty sure this was taken from the front of the house these came home. I will go past tommorow and have a look but those brick houses look very familiar. (I could be wrong but curious now) On the corner there now there are big blocks of units.

6736016189_4aa37e01fc.jpg

Edited by k9angel

This is the first photo I remember taking. It is my brother and sister. I told my sister to jump like she is grabbing him, the motion blur wasn't intened, but just makes it so funny

post-161-0-05116900-1327180531_thumb.jpg

:laugh: Great pic! it looks like she is flying. :)

I just have to share this! :)

This morning OH found an old photo in a frame that was about to be thrown into a council clean up. :eek::( He spotted the lady with the frame in her hand and stopped. They got talking.

The guy that lived at the house has recently died. :( And they have to clear the house out as it is going on the market next week.

Anyways OH brings it home and gives it to me. I love it because it has a dog in it and is Australian.

At first I assumed the pic was of the man that died but I couldn't figure out why his family would be throwing it out. ??

As I was uploading pics to flickr, 'Slim Dusty' came to mind, so I did a google search on Gordon Parsons. (the name written on the front) and this is what I found. :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gordon_Parsons_(song-writer)

I also later realised I know who Joe was. I put 2 and 2 together when OH mentioned they had to rehome Joes elderly cattle dog - the same one I was trying to help rehome several weeks ago, Buddy. What a small world it is.

Here is a thread I started at the time.

http://www.dolforums.com.au/topic/230916-14yo-deaf-cattle-dog-buddy-needs-a-new-home/

Here is the pic, dust and all. :)

6739113737_5bcc94c1e5.jpg

6739113715_53f5a14fc9.jpg

ETA I just found this on youtube. It's lovely.

Edited by k9angel

at least you rescued that, how sad when someone dies and all their treasures are just thrown away.

It is very sad. :(

I have come across 3 deceased estates now (by accident, I don't seek them out :(, they seem to find me or OH as it was in todays case) and it saddens me to see things that were once someone's wordly possessions thrown out like rubbish. :(

I am so glad OH went past when he did. Once the scrappers come along, they trash and smash everything. (they are like scavengers, sp?)

I love the photo. It would of been so sad to see it go into the rubbish.

Thankfully it has a good home now and will be cherished.

This morning OH found an old photo in a frame that was about to be thrown into a council clean up.:eek: :( He spotted the lady with the frame in her hand and stopped. They got talking. <br style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: verdana, tahoma, arial, sans-serif; line-height: 18px; background-color: rgb(238, 242, 247); ">The guy that lived at the house has recently died. :( And they have to clear the house out as it is going on the market next week.

You have a some real History there :) Wonderful!!

It's quite possibly worth a bit too, that's probably one of Australias most famous songs, and you now have an autographed photo from the bloke who wrote it. :thumbsup:

I know. I cannot believe it. That the same hand who signed the photo is the same hand that wrote that song! it's incredible and I feel so honoured and lucky to have it.

I have cleaned it up and put it in my glass cabinet with all my other special things. :)

• 10 months later...

I suppose these can go in there. The Rolling Stones tour of 1973. As you can see I got right up the front, even though my ticketed seat was about 20 rows back :laugh: These were taken with my mothers elcheapo plasic Kodak instamatic.

8227501145_367e43a99c_z.jpg

Stones 1972 by kirislin, on Flickr

8227498725_6ab9ecbdbe_z.jpg

Mick 1972 by kirislin, on Flickr

Midnight Rambler, I remember he'd whack that silver belt down on the stage, the girls went nuts. I was on someones shoulders to take this shot, someone I didn't even know. :laugh:

8227502257_d999bd5747_z.jpg

Kooyong 1972 by kirislin, on Flickr

8228570636_803ff87860_z.jpg

Mick and Keith 1972 by kirislin, on Flickr

and then I risked my job and followed them to Sydney. I was only 16, and a very young immature 16 at that. Caught the overnight train to Sydney, somehow managed to get tickets for both concerts the day before and hitchhiked home to my aunts place late at night once the concert had finished. Goodness knows how I got through it all unharmed, but I did.

8227502833_b42b952fd3_z.jpg

Stones, Randwick 1972 by kirislin, on Flickr

Edited by Kirislin

:) Nice.

This isn't one I took ..just one I found again yesterday . I love it.

My Gran was a 'lady' :)

Here she is , having just been overturned when the wooden picnic bench fell .She had to wait a couple of minutes for help ..and managed to still look dignified . This was in the mid 1960's , when we used to all have picnics in the sand dunes :)

post-1359-0-31281000-1355092544_thumb.jpg