Remember This Boy From Griffith ?

Just had an update about this gorgeous boy that was left in the middle of nowhere, very emaciated and had bad diarrhea for ages.

Has taken him a while to trust once more and hardly leaves his adopters side for fear of being left again.His name is Alfie.

He has a Pug and foxy to keep him company.

Pound pics

alf2-1.jpg

alf5.jpg

and now

alf11.jpg

alf14.jpg

alf13.jpg

alf12.jpg

What a transformation! And talk about handsome! Bless his new owners for their perseverance after his terrible ordeal. Thanks for the update, Nina.

ETA: And kudos to the rescue that saved him, of course!

Edited by Curlybert

What a stunning boy... but do I see "boy bags" in that last photo?? I'm sure there's a reason they are still there, right?

T.

What !! ?? Just had to double check pic...he's definately been desexed!! He wouldnt have been rehomed with no vetwork done !!

Adopter drove up from Vic and picked him up from Wagga vet, maybe she took this pic just after she got home and was still a bit swollen.

Edited by ninahartland

That's how all dogs are castrated curlybert. :)

Okay, but it wasn't done that way in the past. They used to have the whole kit and caboodle lopped off.

agreed with your there,

my boy has nothing there at all, he is only 5, so maybe different vets do it different ways??? come to think of it, I havent seen many boys that are desexed and have a an empty bag to carry around!

Good to see this boy doing well, there is way to many of these cross bread dogs here in the Griffith area that are breed as pig dogs and if dont perform are left somewhere...sad

The sack shrivels up over time. Generally the older the dog is when castrated, the longer it takes to shrink. Dogs done at around six months won't have much to start with so it disappears very quickly. I don't know of any vets who remove the sack and it has been done this way for a long time. :)