Coco Rescued Staffy

OK, I have put her in the photo thread and the stafford breed thread and now I am introducing her in rescue.

Coco with my boy Ziggy...

She is about 18 months to 2 years old and as been bred a couple of times.

She is now desexed so won't ever have to do that again...

Ms Coco Chanel (or Coco Loco, most of the time)...

post-1950-0-11479600-1327624101_thumb.jpg

Edited by Staffyluv

She is starting to settle...

We had a few issues with her guarding food and toys but she is starting to realise there is plenty of food and sharing toys is more fun than playing on your own...

She is a real sweetheart.. A typical staffy snuggle bum who loves her humans and has become very fond of our staffy cross, Ziggy.

She actually seeks him out now, to see where he is and what he is doing.

They play in typical staffy fashion... If you did not know better you would think their play had escalated into something scary..

She makes the funniest noise when she is playing... If you have ever seen the Predator movies, she sounds exactly like the alien Predator... So. iChat so that my son has nicknamed her Preddy...

She sleeps up on my bed with me and Ziggy now.. And she has discovered a special place in my office where she likes to lay when I am working... Right under my desk...

She is definitely worthy of a foster failure but if that happens I can't rescue again...

I am very lucky with Ziggy being such a playful and submissive boy, he would accept any dog here.. Which makes rescuing and fostering easier...

True Staffyluv. It is great when you have such an easy going playful dog. It teaches dogs who might have had not such a great time with previous owners that life can be good.

Mine have always been accepting of all the fosters who have come and gone, but they won't play with them - LOL. Danny, Jeune and Tamar are the original three and they stick together. Poor Myrtie is desperate to play with Tamar, but Tamar won't have anything to do with her. Tamar's playmate is Danny and her soulmate is Jeune and she isn't about to change.

Aren't they funny how they get stuck in their little ways.

I love that Zig is such a cruisey guy...

I have noticed how much Coco has settled once she realised he shares everything (even his food and treats).. She is not as possessive with food now - still working on the toys but she is getting better.

I had a friend over yesterday and while she was here she has fallen in love with Coco.. She had a chat to her husband and they bought the kids over to meet Coco...

So on Monday our lovely little rescue girl is off to her forever home...

She did not even make it to the ARF website...

I am going to miss her heaps, she so could have been a keeper....