Sydney Pet Expo

Odin-Genie

I'm on the Dogue de Bordeaux stand with Leanne (Flealea on here).

Feel free to come up and get slobbered on :D

Well im the girl with the partner who had a massive obsession with them :) hahah OH loves them!!... when we are ready for another dog im very sure your dogs have convinced him a dogue is the right breed.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm on the Dogue de Bordeaux stand with Leanne (Flealea on here).

Feel free to come up and get slobbered on :D

Well im the girl with the partner who had a massive obsession with them :) hahah OH loves them!!... when we are ready for another dog im very sure your dogs have convinced him a dogue is the right breed.

LOL - there were quite a few people who came up whose 'partners were obsessed with them' - :rofl: Glad you loved our dogues. It's a big weekend for our guys, especially in the heat, but they coped alright, although by this afternoon they were racing to get to the car to come home to the air conditioning ;)

WOOOHOOO ZERO!!! omg his so cute!!... and all the other flyballers good run :) looks like so much fun!

p.S i didnt know pets were being sold there? is that usual practice?

Zero is pretty cute, but than he is a husky. :D

What sort of pets? It's a while since I filled in the forms for The Expo, but

I always thought that it was a definite NO. :(

There were lab pups being sold, i asked if they came with papers and the lady directed me to some man who said no.... :S, I thought it was sus.

Were they from Lab rescue? They also had kittens for sale at the cat show, but I think that's pretty usual because I've seen for sale signs up at the Royal Easter Show.

I have to say that entry for adults is $15, $10 for children and $45 for a family.

There are 35 dog breeds there, as well as cats, ferrets, rabbits and birds. The stall are mainly for the pet public, there is nothing we all haven't seen before.

When you enter the dogs are so far from the stalls and the rest of the exhibits its not funny. Standing around at lunchtime I heard people saying it was to far to walk up to the see the dogs.

The dog breeds that have stalls out there have put a lot of work into their stalls, so many clever talented people who have spent a lot of time, effort and money to put some of the displays together, if you have been involved in orgainsing some displays congratulations on your outstanding efforts.

I too found it a long way from the dog stalls. I think they should have had an entrance to the Exhibition building at the top near the breed stalls. A lot of people did come up to see the dog breeds on both days. It was a hard slog if you wanted to see different talks/demos in each area throughout the day. I didn't go last time but other years they always had it in the building directly behind the dog stalls.

WOOOHOOO ZERO!!! omg his so cute!!... and all the other flyballers good run :) looks like so much fun!

There were lab pups being sold, i asked if they came with papers and the lady directed me to some man who said no.... :S, I thought it was sus.

Were they from Lab rescue? They also had kittens for sale at the cat show, but I think that's pretty usual because I've seen for sale signs up at the Royal Easter Show.

I thought it was a photography place?, it was one of the middle stands, blue and there was a CKC (i think it was a ckc) in a red poke a dotted dress... not sure if it was lab rescue, you could call the "breeder" anyone who was interested the guy would pull out his phone and get him on the line.... :S I just didnt think lab pups would be sold

I thought it was a photography place?, it was one of the middle stands, blue and there was a CKC (i think it was a ckc) in a red poke a dotted dress... not sure if it was lab rescue, you could call the "breeder" anyone who was interested the guy would pull out his phone and get him on the line.... :S I just didnt think lab pups would be sold

Hi Everyone, I just wanted to let you all know that while we did have Lab rescue representatives at the Sydney Pet expo over the two days and we did have some dogs ( dogs that have found their forever homes and and some current fosters there, none of the dogs were "Sold" on the day. The aim of Lab Rescue being there was to promote responsible pet ownership, desexing your labrador and also considering a rescue dog when you are looking for your new best friend. There were no pups being sold. Just wanted to let you all know that it definately wasn't Lab Rescue selling pups.

:-)

I don't think it was a photography place. It might of been food of some sort. Hypro something?

Oops double post

Edited by ~Rumour~

It is :D The dogs absolutely love it! We had lots of people come up and say hi on saturday, unfortunately Zero didn't go today because he's not well but he had a blast yesterday!

I don't think it was a photography place. It might of been food of some sort. Hypro something?

No it wasnt the hydro place, its the stall diagonal from the info stand, there was a big pen in the middle, 3 lab pups and 1 pug

It is :D The dogs absolutely love it! We had lots of people come up and say hi on saturday, unfortunately Zero didn't go today because he's not well but he had a blast yesterday!

yea I came to pat him :)

:( I hope the Big Z is getting better fast.

Had a great run with Izzy. She was doing full sets of jumps off the box. Given the huge amounts of distraction that was awesome.

It was the HYPRO dog food stall . . .there were some Labs and a Pug puppy.I thought they were only to draw a crowd to the stall . . .hopefully nothing untoward went on.

aaa lol yea sorry it was a food stall, i didnt think it was called hydro.... well so did I until i heard someone say they are for sale, then I asked the stall managers and they confirmed what I heard. ... thought it was a little ironic having an Oscars Law stall and puppies being sold under the same roof :S... oh well hopefully they didnt sell any!

It was the HYPRO dog food stall . . .there were some Labs and a Pug puppy.I thought they were only to draw a crowd to the stall . . .hopefully nothing untoward went on.

aaa lol yea sorry it was a food stall, i didnt think it was called hydro.... well so did I until i heard someone say they are for sale, then I asked the stall managers and they confirmed what I heard. ... thought it was a little ironic having an Oscars Law stall and puppies being sold under the same roof :S... oh well hopefully they didnt sell any!

Really? If I had heard this I would be speaking to the Expo Organisers to make sure it was above board and if not . . .dealt with so it doesnt happen again.

Kittens for sale in the cat area were not being sold on the day.I enquired about Sphynx and was assured ads were to generate interest in a place of petlovers!

Really? If I had heard this I would be speaking to the Expo Organisers to make sure it was above board and if not . . .dealt with so it doesnt happen again.

Kittens for sale in the cat area were not being sold on the day.I enquired about Sphynx and was assured ads were to generate interest in a place of petlovers!

I was going to say somthing to the info booth... but I felt a little awkward and didnt want to make a scene kind of thing.... i probably should have

There was also a very large mixed breed dog in one of the "shed" stalls- he was actually in the shed, like he was for window dressing. Poor dog was looking for a new home, he seemed miserable/over being in such a busy place when I saw him. I didn't think it was responsible having any animals that needed new homes, too much of an impulse risk.

There was also a very large mixed breed dog in one of the "shed" stalls- he was actually in the shed, like he was for window dressing. Poor dog was looking for a new home, he seemed miserable/over being in such a busy place when I saw him. I didn't think it was responsible having any animals that needed new homes, too much of an impulse risk.

Yep, there were 16/17 yr olds and young kids nagging their parents or respective partners for a pup... it was a little bit of a shock.