Dog's Licks Save Owner's Life

pie

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/8412552/dogs-licks-save-owners-life

A dog in the US is being credited with saving its elderly owner's life after she fell unconscious after a fall at her Arizona home.

After tumbling on a tile floor and breaking her femur, Bethe Bennett realised there were no visitors coming until Tuesday and feared she would die.

"I really thought I was going to die," Bennett told ABCNews.com. "I knew I was going into shock because I’m a nurse. "The minute I tried to move, I passed out."

But her pet miniature schnauzer, Danny, helped Ms Bennett regain consciousness by licking her face and nudging her hand.

Ms Bennett then asked Danny, a trained service dog who cared for her mother, to fetch her the phone so she could call paramedics.

"He ran back and forth a couple of times barking and finally jumped up and knocked the phone over and pushed it with his nose toward me," she said.

Ms Bennett then realised that paramedics would not be able to get into the house and asked Danny to bring her some paper.

Danny brought over five sheets of paper including one with the numbers of Ms Bennett's neighbours, who were able to unlock the home with a spare key just as paramedics arrived.

"Never in my wildest dreams did I think I’d be the one he’d have to rescue," she said. "He was my little hero."

What a clever little dog, a lovely story I thought :)