Lure Coursing - Qld

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems Molly won't be in season so she is entered. Means I'm gonna have to come and knobble your dog BC4ME. :) She's so flabby still with post-baby weight that she may not finish the whole course. :(

Mel774 - I will be letting Kara have a puppy run too, so if we haven't met up before, come say hello to the chick with no hair (don't ask!) and a chocolate BC pup.

:rolleyes:

Yay! Puppy runs!!!!!!!

I hope I can muster up the energy. Late nights and early mornings are too common for me now. Today is my day off and I'm exhausted, but no sleep in for me coz I had to take OH for work. I said to him "at least I can get some sleep on Sunday" and he said "you think? Isn't that Lure Coursing day??" D'OH!!!!!!!! But I did postpone Kaden's desex op (not thinking again! He wouldnt have been able to run if he had it this week!) so he's booked in for April 19 now. Just gotta hope I dont get fired before then so I can still get a discount!!

Ah I'm rambling about nothing relevant. See u guys on Sunday lol.

I still have no idea how to get to the grounds.......

I still have no idea how to get to the grounds.......

Not sure where you are coming from, but...

If you get yourself to Beenleigh Rd, heading towards the Gold Coast, then once you cross under the Gateway and the road crosses the railway lines take the left turn. The you sort of go right into a carpark for a park. Follow this along past the skatepark and you will then follow a one-lane sandy road through some trees and up to a gate which will have the lure coursing club's banner on it. You're there!

Let me know where you're coming from and I can try and give further instructions.

Ok...aim for Beenleigh Rd and turn right at the last street before the railway line, turn right again into the parking lot to the skate/etc park but continue to follow it all the way through, you'll end up on a dirt track with scrub all around you, yuo'll come out of that into a clearing...go through the gate and you can't miss it.

So KitKat will you be getting up at the crack of dawn to save the spot down the front for me? :) Can I turn up much later with the canopy and just be able to sit down? :)

Ok so on the day, you should be able to meet:

Me - 2 Choc BCs (maybe the rescue mob too)

KitKat - longhair GSD pup (maybe Rottie X)

BC4ME - 1 BW BC

Dali-Love - Skinny Dali, Dali pup and two more?

Mel774 - Golden Retriever

Staffylover81 - Staffy

luv_is_a_staffy - Staffy

McGuinessMagee (afternoon maybe)

CockerPoppins - Black cocker

Correct me if I have your dog descriptions wrong because sometimes it's way easier to spot peoples dogs rather than them.

Edited by molasseslass

Yeah...i'm going to be up at flippin sparrows fart in the morning :) Luckily i will be taking my camp bed/cot/swag thing so you could find me asleep with the site all marked out with umpteen dozen fold up chairs about the place... :)

Mel774 - Lab and SWF?

lol....I dont own either of those!!!!!!!

I own a golden retriever and my dad had a bichon that passed away last year. I really should remove him from my avatar but I dont know how and haven't gotten around to getting OH to fix it for me. I keep getting asked at meets where my swf is. Even when he was alive he lived in Melbourne.

We were all there, luv my dane was there too with her Saluki. BC4Me made some photo's again so hopefully we will see them soon.

Pepper became 3rd in unregistered with 166 points, leavink Kyla behind who had 162.

Mili did her puppy run and really enjoyed it and run the whole way after the lure (roughly 50mtr I think)

See you guys there again on Sunday 22nd May....