Anyone Tried Xp30/20?

Joblo

I see no reason why this food could not be used successfully.

Always remember you feed a dog what it does well on, until you try a food you will never know.

I have very young dogs at the moment and I am doing my best to keep the protein down for growth reasons.

I do believe what we feed our dogs does have an effect on the growth rate, but it does not mean they could not go onto it at a later date.

They are only 3 to 4 months and I really don't want an Italian Greyhound the size of a Whippet.

I remember when the first premium food came into the country and it to was treated with suspicion, but after proving itself it is now a household name in the dog world.

I will be keeping an eye out for this product and I will give it a try with the adults and see what results it gives me.

Please don’t keep a closed mind over a new products, just because another didn’t work for you, does not mean this will not.

Also, I have no connection with this product.

I didn’t even know of it’s existence till it appeared on this forum.

Oakway - was this meant for me? I have fed many ways over the years and our dogs when I was a kid lived long healthy lives and they were not fed premium dog food that is for sure. They got pretty much what was on special and left overs from the bakery and home grown butchered lamb and beef (grew up on a farm and a bakery). They were also hardly ever wormed, treated for fleas or vaccinated - which is a different subject.

I am not interested in promoting what I feed my dogs in this thread but having fed several super premium foods over the years my dogs have had mixed reactions on some of the "best" of them. There are a couple of brands of dry dog foods that I am happy to use if and when I want to feed it. However I am happy with what they are on and don't have a need to keep searching for more products. Have done enough of that all ready.

As I said above, I am sure many will have good results with it but I won't be using it does not mean I am being closed minded - it just means I am happy with what they are on now.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest lavendergirl

Cost is certainly a consideration for many people - is this a cheaper option then? I can't see the price quoted anywhere.

I see no reason why this food could not be used successfully.

Always remember you feed a dog what it does well on, until you try a food you will never know.

I have very young dogs at the moment and I am doing my best to keep the protein down for growth reasons.

I do believe what we feed our dogs does have an effect on the growth rate, but it does not mean they could not go onto it at a later date.

They are only 3 to 4 months and I really don't want an Italian Greyhound the size of a Whippet.

I remember when the first premium food came into the country and it to was treated with suspicion, but after proving itself it is now a household name in the dog world.

I will be keeping an eye out for this product and I will give it a try with the adults and see what results it gives me.

Please don’t keep a closed mind over a new products, just because another didn’t work for you, does not mean this will not.

Also, I have no connection with this product.

I didn’t even know of it’s existence till it appeared on this forum.

Oakway - was this meant for me? I have fed many ways over the years and our dogs when I was a kid lived long healthy lives and they were not fed premium dog food that is for sure. They got pretty much what was on special and left overs from the bakery and home grown butchered lamb and beef (grew up on a farm and a bakery). They were also hardly ever wormed, treated for fleas or vaccinated - which is a different subject.

I am not interested in promoting what I feed my dogs in this thread but having fed several super premium foods over the years my dogs have had mixed reactions on some of the "best" of them. There are a couple of brands of dry dog foods that I am happy to use if and when I want to feed it. However I am happy with what they are on and don't have a need to keep searching for more products. Have done enough of that all ready.

As I said above, I am sure many will have good results with it but I won't be using it does not mean I am being closed minded - it just means I am happy with what they are on now.

Naaaah, just an observation.

But don't forget we can feed dogs in a lot more healthier way now than we did years ago.

We have people out there that won't remember what happened before we had dry dog food. :laugh:

Hey, can you remember the tins of dog food about the best you could get was called Tucker Box. Boy that was awhile ago now.

Cost is certainly a consideration for many people - is this a cheaper option then? I can't see the price quoted anywhere.

It is $55.00 for a 15kg bag

Thanks for your very informative post on Super Premium dogfood and feeding John, refreshing to hear from someone that is totally across the subject. At $55 for a 15kg bag for such a good quality feed I'm sure it will find a niche in the "quality" dryfood market. As soon as I've used up my current supply of Eaglepack I'll most definately be giving it a try too!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Apart from some of the ingredients, my main objection to feeding it, is that it has to come all the way from America....that's a lot of food miles. :( Sure, if you've got a dog that can only live on a particular food which can only be sourced overseas...go for it. But, I for one, care a bit about my planet & my carbon footprint as well as supporting Australian farmers where I can.

Guest lavendergirl

We would all like to support Australian farmers etc but there is no grain free kibble made in Australia to my knowledge?

We would all like to support Australian farmers etc but there is no grain free kibble made in Australia to my knowledge?

Well, yes, like I said, unless it can't be sourced in Oz, then there is no other choice. Personally, if I HAD TO HAVE all grain free kibble, then instead of shipping it all the way from over the other side of the world, I would feed RAW. ;)

• 3 years later...

...Applaws is grain free and has a very good rating, was just reduced at Woolworth (2.7 kg for $10, normal price is $18)... there is also Natures Goodness, also grain free... (also from Woolworth)....on both packages is states that they are made in Australia...

Edited by Willem

Thread revival - does anyone feed this food?

I was asked to write a review, which I've done so here - http://www.petfoodre...og-food/xp3020/

As well as the corn it has a few suspect ingredients and chemical preservatives that can become toxic or carcinogenic.

Nope! Wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole for my dogs.

henry is allergic to life, and half those ingredients are suspicious.

...Applaws is grain free and has a very good rating, was just reduced at Woolworth (2.7 kg for $10, normal price is $18)... there is also Natures Goodness, also grain free... (also from Woolworth)....on both packages is states that they are made in Australia...

And Blackhwak now :D

Thread revival - does anyone feed this food?

I was asked to write a review, which I've done so here - http://www.petfoodre...og-food/xp3020/

As well as the corn it has a few suspect ingredients and chemical preservatives that can become toxic or carcinogenic.

Nope! Wouldn't touch it with a 10 foot pole for my dogs.

henry is allergic to life, and half those ingredients are suspicious.

And Blackhwak now :D

Meals for Mutts too!

This thread is over 3 years old....how did it manage to get revived :confused::confused:

Dave-O laugh.gif

Wrote a review on the dog food review site and was asking if anyone fed it :)

I can see that....but the last post before his was 9th March 2012. Any topic that hasn't had a comment made on it for over twelve months, can't be commented on....or does this just happen to me :shrug: Trivial, I know but just wondering how he did it This is the message I get on post that are over twelve months old....

Old topic!

This topic has had no activity for over 365 days. Due to that, you will not be able to reply. Please create a new topic!

Edited by sheena

This thread is over 3 years old....how did it manage to get revived :confused::confused:

Dave-O laugh.gif

Wrote a review on the dog food review site and was asking if anyone fed it :)

I can see that....but the last post before his was 9th March 2012. Any topic that hasn't had a comment made on it for over twelve months, can't be commented on....or does this just happen to me :shrug: Trivial, I know but just wondering how he did it This is the message I get on post that are over twelve months old....

Old topic!

This topic has had no activity for over 365 days. Due to that, you will not be able to reply. Please create a new topic!

i have seen those also. But am assuming they have to be closed by troy?

Or perhaps have the ability to be reopened? Dave-O share your magic :D