Kleptomaniac Dogs!

Nic.B

Georgia loves tissues. She doesn't collect them though she steals thems and rips them to shreds. Poor tissues don't stand a chance. New or used, she doesn't care. :laugh:

Billie loves tissues too...but only used ones. :vomit: I have a box of tissues on the coffee table that she couldn't care less about until someone takes one and uses it...then she watches carefully for a chance to snaffle the 'spoils'. She will thieve a crumpled one from my pocket if I'm not paying attention but quickly discards it when she realises it hasn't actually been used.

Our backyard can sometimes look like an underwear graveyard :eek:

It's always Mosley, Lili will only steal chicken if she can.

Some of his favourites are any type of underwear/socks, remotes, a tub of 150 glucosamine tablets (why would he eat more than one???!!-Had to call the vet for that one but he was fine), shoes, apricot pips, body butter, bread, lentils (yep :confused: ), hairties, handbags and millions of other things.

He is evil.

Georgia loves tissues. She doesn't collect them though she steals thems and rips them to shreds. Poor tissues don't stand a chance. New or used, she doesn't care. :laugh:

Billie loves tissues too...but only used ones. :vomit: I have a box of tissues on the coffee table that she couldn't care less about until someone takes one and uses it...then she watches carefully for a chance to snaffle the 'spoils'. She will thieve a crumpled one from my pocket if I'm not paying attention but quickly discards it when she realises it hasn't actually been used.

:laugh: love it.

Franky loves stealing anything off the table- Only when I am looking so I will follow her and take it off her. She doesn't usually go more than a few steps before I tell her to leave it.

She LOVES hair ties because she can flip them over her snout and has a 'favourite' one that she will go to great lengths to 'steal' in front of me.

We have just got a GSD baby girl and in the week we have had her, her crate has had almost everything in the lounge room in it. Empty plastic bottles, toys, treats that are not only hers but one she has stolen from her new brother and sister. Blankets, towels, bra's, remotes, usb cables, tissue box you think of it it's been there

Thankfully nothing chewed up

Edited by kezzzza

Daisy collects Barbie heads. She grabs the Barbie between her paws and then pulls off theirs heads and puts them on her mat. I don't know what she has against Barbies body :laugh:

:rofl: Your Daisy knows that Barbie has had work done LOL!!!

My mums male chi used to collect my underwear. If it went missing it would be in a pile under her bed. Still dont get it, lol.

:laugh: One of my Griffons used to go to the laundry, up-end the laundry basket and chew the crutch out of all the underwear she could get her teeth into... she also chewed the crutch out of my hubbies jeans :D

My Anatolian came to greet me just the other night when I got home from grocery shopping... I left the doors to my pickup truck open whilst bringing all the groceries into the house... Didn't realise that he had reached into my truck and grabbed the toilet tissue - the big 36 roll bulk pack..... whilst it is winter here at the moment, and we have only had one snowfall so far... next morning I bleary eyed looked out the window and thought it had snowed... blinked a couple of times and realised that it was the toilet paper, all chewed into little pieces scattered all over our front lawn. :eek: I hadn't even realised the night before that the toilet paper was not amongst the groceries :mad

My two working border collie pups are tool thieves... I find wrenches, spanners, screw drivers and even the big pipe wrench (which is quite heavy) scattered all over the paddock. Wish they would put those tools to good use and go fix something :D

Daisy collects Barbie heads. She grabs the Barbie between her paws and then pulls off theirs heads and puts them on her mat. I don't know what she has against Barbies body :laugh:

My mums male chi used to collect my underwear. If it went missing it would be in a pile under her bed. Still dont get it, lol.

:laugh: One of my Griffons used to go to the laundry, up-end the laundry basket and chew the crutch out of all the underwear she could get her teeth into... she also chewed the crutch out of my hubbies jeans :D

My Anatolian came to greet me just the other night when I got home from grocery shopping... I left the doors to my pickup truck open whilst bringing all the groceries into the house... Didn't realise that he had reached into my truck and grabbed the toilet tissue - the big 36 roll bulk pack..... whilst it is winter here at the moment, and we have only had one snowfall so far... next morning I bleary eyed looked out the window and thought it had snowed... blinked a couple of times and realised that it was the toilet paper, all chewed into little pieces scattered all over our front lawn. :eek: I hadn't even realised the night before that the toilet paper was not amongst the groceries :mad

My two working border collie pups are tool thieves... I find wrenches, spanners, screw drivers and even the big pipe wrench (which is quite heavy) scattered all over the paddock. Wish they would put those tools to good use and go fix something :D

Well they are 'working' BC pups so of course they take the tools :rofl::rofl::rofl:

:rofl::rofl: Sorry lame joke but I just had to :rofl::rofl:

the underwear incident :o completely forgot about

Fostering a coolie x, it was winter so pretty well dark when I came home from work and didn't really look in the yard in the morning - went out on the weekend to find it littered with my underwear that the coolie x had stolen :o

not a problem except the older bloke next door was always leaning over the fence talking to my dogs when he got home from work each day at 3 pm :laugh:

Yesterday I found two pieces of broccoli, an empty bag of treats, an apple, a roll of toilet paper (shredded) and an avocardo in Ferns crate.

Last night I watched her move all her toys out of her crate and onto the big communal bed in the family room. My husband said “Fern’s moving out” :laugh:

Does anyone else have a kleptomaniac dog? And what do they like to pinch!

ETA to make sense :o

Just so you know that Avocado is poisonous to dogs. Might want to put them well out of reach.

Well they are 'working' BC pups so of course they take the tools :rofl::rofl::rofl:

:rofl::rofl: Sorry lame joke but I just had to :rofl:

:rofl: Love it LOL...... must tell my significant other that one, considering they are his tools that they take... :D

Doof is mental for tissues and socks. Kodiak doesn't collect anything, she just sits there waiting for things to be brought to her!

:laugh: So Doof is the thief.... and Kodiak just takes possession of stolen goods.. :rofl:

the underwear incident :o completely forgot about

Fostering a coolie x, it was winter so pretty well dark when I came home from work and didn't really look in the yard in the morning - went out on the weekend to find it littered with my underwear that the coolie x had stolen :o

not a problem except the older bloke next door was always leaning over the fence talking to my dogs when he got home from work each day at 3 pm :laugh:

:rofl: They find such unique ways of embarrassing us...:o

Labs are natural retrievers so not wanting to discourage any retrieval and to hopefully keep a track of what they steal we have a 'bring to mum' or 'bring to dad' policy which means whatching TV involves collecting a pile of unwanted items, shoes. tops, paper, envelopes, knickers, anything on the bench, butter containers the odd knife (thats always relaxing) soft drink cans - full or empty - whatever until our Labs have finally decided to settle - it s slow process. ugh kids :laugh: