Really Tough Toys - Suggestions?

Kirty

My dogs are pretty hard on their toys, I have found the Orbee Tuff Orbo (which is stuffable) and the Orbee Tuff Balls to be excellent. I get mine from

K9 Pro

I shove a couple of pieces of dried lived the hard cubes, or dried lamb lung cubes in the Orbo, keeps them occupied for a while. The treats are large and they really have to work to get them out.

Whilst the Orbo look similar in shape to the Kong Mine prefer the Orbo by far, I think it is the bouncy quality to the toys. The Orbee rope balls are their favourites by far for fetch and 2 dog tug lol.

Thanks for the ideas. The Jolly balls are what I was looking at but they are quite expensive so I wanted to be sure they are tough!

I've found a temporary solution though - five empty juice bottle and three cardboard boxes = happy puppies!

I assume cardboard juice and not plastic juice bottles.

My two Staffy's have not taken a chunk out of their Hurelys or their Hucks. The Bumi has not been so lucky, the end has been chewed off.

See that amazes me since Daisy manages to kill more things than Bundy. His fire plug lasted less than 4 days. Maybe that has more to do with the fact my dogs seem to use everything as tug of war toys.. :laugh:

My cuz balls are coming up to 2yrs old and still going. Although the dogs did stop playing with them for about a year as they didn't like the texture. Now they looove them.

Daisy is only destructive (and only interested in toys) when there is food involved. I have used the fire plug a few times now and it's still in one piece :thumbsup: I hide Micha's orbo from her though :laugh:

No, I mean plastic juice bottles - lids and rings removed. The dogs love chewing them but don't eat them.

Yup. These work great for some dogs. The crunch whack scrumple sound they make when they play with them seem to be a reward. For some dogs, especially in summer, it's good to hang these from a rope and fill them with water. The result is that they thump hard but not hard enough to damage when the dog pushes them around (many dogs love the thump) and they spout water when the dog succeeds in getting them in its grips. The water spout is another reward for some dogs.

No, I mean plastic juice bottles - lids and rings removed. The dogs love chewing them but don't eat them.

Yup. These work great for some dogs. The crunch whack scrumple sound they make when they play with them seem to be a reward. For some dogs, especially in summer, it's good to hang these from a rope and fill them with water. The result is that they thump hard but not hard enough to damage when the dog pushes them around (many dogs love the thump) and they spout water when the dog succeeds in getting them in its grips. The water spout is another reward for some dogs.

This sounds good for dogs who like to play with the spray from water hoses, - although - mine will chop up any plastic they get hold of into bite size pieces .. would anyone else have some ideas for hot summers days to give them some water, (other than shell pools) to play with ?

• 5 months later...

I am looking for strong tennis ball sized balls, my golden retreiver kills her tennis balls in a few mins most of the time

Try a "Cuz" ball. Bought Joey a "bad cuz" ball after he destroyed yet another tennis ball. He chewed the feet off within 10 min and broke the squeaker after a couple of weeks but its otherwise intact and still going strong.

Ziggy has a tyre, looks like about the size off a small mini motor bike with a rope tied to it. He drags it around.

A good leather soccer ball, now deflated but because it is leather it has lasted...

A black kong, he has only managed to chew the top part off, so we still use it..

He has a kong ball, about the size of a tennis ball but solid kong type material.. He is yet to destroy this.

Empty milk or soft drink bottles. In summer we freeze stock in these as an ice block and in winter we just add some kibble as a treat... He gets into them easily enough but it gives him something to do for a fair while...

Empty toilet roll or kitchen towel roll inserts, so long as you don't mind picking them up once they are torn up..

A clam shell pool filled with sand. Bury treats like chicken wings and they have to find them..

I am looking for strong tennis ball sized balls, my golden retreiver kills her tennis balls in a few mins most of the time

The chuck it ultra ball is a super alternative to a tennis ball :)

The chuck it ultra ball is a super alternative to a tennis ball :)

Chuckit balls have survived both of my chewers, just make sure you get the rubber ones and not the fluffy ones