Introducing Clancy Fancy Pants From Peiradise

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:thumbsup: PS you are doing a wonderful job. I can say he is good with cats but chookies meh I'm not sure. He is such a gorgeous boy I'm so lucky you are able to work out how to get the best out of him.

I don't want to keep talking about Clancy in poor Charlie Brown's thread!

Clancy was a bit naughty last night - his first time testing my patience so really in the scheme of things we have been blessed with him. Last weekend I was sick and in bed and my sister was working so he got very little attention. Sure he got on my bed a couple of times to see if I was still alive and chew off any corners of the doona covers that Stussy hadn't already eaten but hey, a dog's gotta keep himself occupied!

But last night he refused to come into the house and was being all snoopy and hidey. My sister and I were in and out of the house for hours with torches and leashes trying to round him up and he'd let us get oh so close then run off again! Of course it was all wet out there as well and I'm sure he was on a toad hunt so I couldn't give up. One time he made me scream in fright when I was looking for him in one direction and he came up behind me and licked behind my knees (before running off again). At that stage I knew it was deliberate! We eventually faked giving up, left the back door open for the mozzies and he sauntered into the house, got a rub down and promptly fell asleep.

So in the scheme of things not so terrible, but he had a look on his face that was kind of like "I no longer answer to the name of Clancy, humans! Try and discover my superhero name if you dare!"

I do have to take some footage of Clancy and Stussy doing their soft toy routine. Stussy waggles a soft toy in front of Clancy's face. He latches on and she drags him around the lounge room until he lets go again. They even change directions! I do worry when she drags him when he is lying flat on his belly with his frog legs akimbo - doodle carpet burns.....

I have to say I am loving the understanding and patience all my new found foster carers are displaying towards my stubborn, self willed pei. It is a credit to you all that you haven't slapped a stamp on their butts and sent them all back.

:thanks:

Ams we love our little boy! Give me a dog with some personality any day!

I just took Stussy to the vet for a quick check on something and in the 20 mins we were gone Clancy cried the whole time. I like to think he was missing me but I think it was more likely his partner in crime he was pining for. I'm not sure if he has put on weight but he is now taller than Stussy so he's had a growth spurt too. Stussy has lost some weight from all the extra crazy time.

We also had a salesman here today and Clancy was all over him like a rash, batting those little eyelashes for a scratch! Slobbered on his briefcase a bit too. :shhh:

Edited by Puppy_Sniffer

Oh look it snows at your place too! Glad to see Stussy has Clancy covered whilst he sleeps.

He looks like he is doing well.

:thanks:

It's taken a while but Clancy had his first walk outside the house this afternoon. We took the other two as well in the hope he'd feed off their excitement. He got anxious at times and just lay down but lamb puffs soon had him back looking at me and moving in the direction we wanted to go. He met and engaged with 3 new humans, was near 3 loose dogs, another 2 on leads walking and 4 barked at him from behind fences. There was also a cat walking around. At no time did he over react or try and chase any of them. He got introduced to 2 of the loose dogs with the assistance of their humans. One growled at him but he was calm the whole time, let them sniff him, then sniffed them and went about his business. I'm very proud of him!

Then when we got home I accidentally taught them all to eat lamb puffs off my nose. I don't know they needed much encouragement. Those things sell themselves. Might have to try a bit and see what all the fuss is about!

Sounds like you are weaving magic with him and yes I think more photos are necessary. Perhaps ones of the dogs eating lamb puff off your nose? :laugh: