Rochester A & P

Joan of Arc

I see the weather forecast for Rochester for tomorrow is 36 degrees.... what is the Victorian extreme weather policy? Is the show likely to be cancelled? ...

The gazette said to look at the DogsVic website during the day but thought I would post here and ask what is normal....

Thanks brentland ... we have a blanket policy in NSW, not that its much better than individual choice...

Edited to add that I have just checked the website and see that the two shows for Naracoote (sp?) have been cancelled.

Edited by Joan of Arc

Thanks brentland ... we have a blanket policy in NSW, not that its much better than individual choice...

Edited to add that I have just checked the website and see that the two shows for Naracoote (sp?) have been cancelled.

isn't NSW policy that the show must stop if it gets to a certain temperature? so people then wait till it drops?

Naracoorte is Sth Aust ... they have a definitive policy ... if forecast is 37c or higher the show is CANCELLED.

Well done SA ... I believe all States should have a "blanket" policy.

isn't NSW policy that the show must stop if it gets to a certain temperature? so people then wait till it drops?

Naracoorte is Sth Aust ... they have a definitive policy ... if forecast is 37c or higher the show is CANCELLED.

i agree - it stops alot of confusion.

I have been to shows where the forecast was 37 the day before, but it didn't reach anywhere that on the day, I think it should be up to the individual if they want to show or not, last Sunday at kcc park got to 36, but it wasn't forecast.

Hard to determine what the weather is going to be these days

Yes that's the situation and its a crock with respect.... if you have been to Wagga or Albury or the riverina to show you will know that if you stop a show at 35 and wait till it cools down you could still be there at 10 that night....

Just blanket cancel and be done with it... having said that we were very prepared: frozen water bottles for the dogs, cool coats, extra ice and plenty of water and shade.... and that was all for the dogs....

My Whippet Dachlah Indianna Parcelle aka Crystal won the puppy sweepstakes, puppy in group & puppy in show, & our Norwegian Elkhound was Minor in Group & our Labrador beautifully handled by my 11 year old daughter was Bitch challenge & Best of Breed.

We had an awesome show :)

Wasnt too hot, had the cool coats on the dogs & spray bottles, they werent panting or anything :)

Edited by teddywaddy

My Whippet Dachlah Indianna Parcelle aka Crystal won the puppy sweepstakes, puppy in group & puppy in show, & our Norwegian Elkhound was Minor in Group & our Labrador beautifully handled by my 11 year old daughter was Bitch challenge & Best of Breed.

We had an awesome show :)

Wasnt too hot, had the cool coats on the dogs & spray bottles, they werent panting or anything :)

Yes congratulations, she did a wonderful job.... and I was happy to help out with the other labs....

i saw several people helping others and its nice to see people helping each other at shows :thumbsup: ... too little of it these days...

I agree, it was lovely in the shade and there was a beautiful breeze going through, our dogs were hardly panting either and had a very relaxing day at the show :-)

And for the most part the stewards and the judges were very considerate about keeping the dogs out of the sun....

I agree, it was lovely in the shade and there was a beautiful breeze going through, our dogs were hardly panting either and had a very relaxing day at the show :-)

And for the most part the stewards and the judges were very considerate about keeping the dogs out of the sun....

yep and very quick with their judging I think of each breed