Jessie Is Not Well....

Fido

Jessie, my GSD/Kelpie cross, is off colour. For the past week she has been off her food, although I have been able to get her to eat some rice, cooked chicken and vegies. Last week I took her to the vet because she had vomited up some froth, and I was worried that it might be a tick.(I'd checked, but one can miss things when the dog has a thick coat.) The vet checked her over, and everything seemed normal.....nothing obvious.

She is making some grumbly noises every so often. Other than that, I can't pin anything down. She is about 8/9 years old, by the way.

Does anyone have any ideas???? If things don't improve, I will have to take her back to the vet, but she may just have a tummy upset.

I would be grateful for any advice.

Thanks, Fido.

What tests did the vet do? has he checked a faecal sample, done blood tests or xrays or anything?

A week is a long time to be "off"...

could she have swallowed something smallish but indigestible which is still rattling around in there?

could be any number of things...I would be asking for a bit more searching to be done.

hope you find her problem soon :o

Edited by persephone

Sounds like she has injested something that has not passed through... I would suggest a trip back to the vet and voice your concerns - hopefully an x-ray or other tests will show what is wrong...

Poor girl, a week is a long time for a dog not to feel well...

Good luck

Jodie

Is she toileting alright

I'm tempted to think something is in her tummy too.

Ate the plastic wrapping off meat or sausages etc.. .

All the best

I hope she starts to improve soon

Edited by MaxSpots

Jessie is with the vet this morning.She will be having blood tests and possibly an X-ray to try and find out what is wrong. It is definitely not bloat, thankfully.

My poor girl has been through so much....beaten cruelly and starved by a previous owner, nearly died from an infection akin to parvo weeks after I got her, and I almost lost her to a tick which had lodged in her neck under her collar.

She has also had 2 lumps removed from her elbow....highly suspicious....so I'm quite concerned. I'm just hoping it's nothing serious.

Will keep you posted. Fido.

Jessie had blood tests and an X-ray yesterday. The blood tests did not show anything much, but the X-ray revealed a shadow on her spleen...most probably a tumour. The best scenario is that it is contained and can be removed....may be benign. Ther worst case scenario is that she has other tumours on vital organs, and the vet's recommendation is that she should be put to sleep :kissbetter::thumbsup: ;)

She is booked in for surgery next Tuesday.....I can only hope.... :party:

Thank you all for your kind thoughts.

I'm spending as much time as I can with her this weekend.....she is very sooky. She is only eating a small amount of food, and tries to lick her tummy every so often....it must be very uncomfortable for her. :laugh:

Will let you know what happens.......Fido.

Sadly the outcome this morning was not good. It was found that Jessie had cancer which was spreading into her liver. With a heavy heart I consented to her being released from her suffering.

The tears are flowing for my sweet girl... :( :D :) ;) :confused:

Oh dear Fido

I was hoping it was something simple (as we all were I'm sure)

I'm so sorry to read that she has gone

Having to make a similar decision a few years ago I know your heart must be broken in 1000 pieces right now

:( :D :)

My sympathies for you and your family

Vale Jessie

:confused: