Hawkesbury Pound Area At Risk Of Flooding

Posting to advise everybody who is going to be collecting animals from Hawkesbury Pound today to do it ASAP as the area is at risk of flooding due to the heavy rain today. I have been told by Hawkesbury Pound staff that the animals are NOT expected to be impacted just the access to the facility.

ETA: topic to make it clearer

Edited by shmoo

I was thinking and worrying about the dogs out there when I heard the Hawkesbury river might flood. Same for Queanbeyan pound.

Hope everyone including the dogs continue to remain safe in those area's and in any other area's at risk of flooding. :crossfingers:

Posting to advise everybody who is going to be collecting animals from Hawkesbury Pound today to do it ASAP as the area is at risk of flooding due to the heavy rain today. I have been told by Hawkesbury Pound staff that the animals are NOT expected to be impacted just the access to the facility.

change the topic mate as it seems there is emails going around about getting dogs out

and the pound staff got no idea about it

either some people cant read or they are going into mass hysteria for no reason

im sure if their was a chance they need to evacuate it would be done so prior to the water rising

and they would use SES etc

I spent most of yesterday making sure the dogs at our rescue were situated where they can't get wet - prediction that tomorrow (Thursday) is going to be the worst for rainfall and flash flooding, and that they are going to have to spill Warragamba Dam either tomorrow or Friday which will impact the river level significantly.

Who would have believed that 2 years ago we were all on strict water restrictions and couldn't get the grass to grow because it was so hot and dry?

T.

Apparantly someone who rang the pound today was told that they were going to put the dogs to sleep if they couldn't get them out.

That sounded very odd and not right to me, doesn't sound like something the Pound would say or do?

Saw the huge floods in Hawkesbury over 20 years ago.. Water up to power lines on flats & up to pub from river side but pound and High school remained dry..

All access roads to Oakville, Mcgraths Hill, Windsor & North richmond went under.. Windsor road used to flood near Riverstone and back up into windsor downs area..

Remember the vet surgery ( Rob Zammit) used to flood from creek at the back..

Think dogs themselves would be ok.. :thumbsup:

Apparantly someone who rang the pound today was told that they were going to put the dogs to sleep if they couldn't get them out.

That sounded very odd and not right to me, doesn't sound like something the Pound would say or do?

That is totally untrue, staff were called today as this had been posted elsewhere and the persons who called where told this would certianly not happen.. Makes me shake my head and wonder what sort of people would post that all the dogs would be PTS..

I don't know how else I could say in the topic that the AREA is going to flood and not the pound?

The pound would not just PTS dogs because of flooding in their area! Sounds like somebody was trying advertise the need to move some dogs real quick using a tug at heart strings.

I was thinking and worrying about the dogs out there when I heard the Hawkesbury river might flood. Same for Queanbeyan pound.

Hope everyone including the dogs continue to remain safe in those area's and in any other area's at risk of flooding. :crossfingers:

I think Queanbeyan Pound will be safe.

Maree

I think Queanbeyan Pound will be safe.

Maree

Great to hear. :thumbsup: