Vca Gazette

Julie R

Hi just wondering if anyone has received their March Vic Dog magazine and if they have read the "Presidents report" and if so do they take offence to the comparison being made about our "forefathers" fighting and giving their lives to fight at Gallipoli for ALL Australians freedom being put in the same context as VCA members not being willing to stand on Management Committee and ordinary VCA Committees? .

To me this is an absolute insult to those who willingly and courageously gave their lives fighting for our freedom.

HOW could any rationale human being put these 2 comparisons in the same context.

But of course maybe I am just being far too sensitive. BUT I do recall the outcry when the Swartz sticker flyer was put in a Gazette a few years ago and a lot of members were terribly upset (and rightfully so) BUT I think this would have to be the biggest insult of all, and this is coming from our President !!! and there is no denying it as the article has been submitted and signed.

Hi just wondering if anyone has received their March Vic Dog magazine and if they have read the "Presidents report" and if so do they take offence to the comparison being made about our "forefathers" fighting and giving their lives to fight at Gallipoli for ALL Australians freedom being put in the same context as VCA members not being willing to stand on Management Committee and ordinary VCA Committees? .

To me this is an absolute insult to those who willingly and courageously gave their lives fighting for our freedom.

HOW could any rationale human being put these 2 comparisons in the same context.

But of course maybe I am just being far too sensitive. BUT I do recall the outcry when the Swartz sticker flyer was put in a Gazette a few years ago and a lot of members were terribly upset (and rightfully so) BUT I think this would have to be the biggest insult of all, and this is coming from our President !!! and there is no denying it as the article has been submitted and signed.

Haven't got my Vic Dog book yet but will be definitly reading the article and sending the VCA a letter of complaint.

Received last night but havent started to read yet... will be though tonight...

Sounds like another Faux Paus like Channel 10's the Circle....although there's was just down right bloody rude....where I am hoping this one is just an unfortunate choice of analogy

I am hoping this one is just an unfortunate choice of analogy

I haven't received my gazette yet so haven't read it, but I'm sure that that this is the case, Peter definitely wouldn't deliberately set out to offend people. He was probably looking for words that would make an impact and unfortunately didn't choose wisely.

I am speaking entirely as an individual member, nothing to do with the fact that I'm on Management Committee. I try to keep out of online gossip, innuendo and personal assassination attempts, but in this instance I can't. I believe the original poster's interpretation of what was said in the President's Report in VicDog is so far off the mark as to be laughable and to write what was written in the post is nothing short of mischievous at best. To attempt to construe that the article was comparing "our "forefathers" fighting and giving their lives to fight at Gallipoli for ALL Australians freedom being put in the same context as VCA members not being willing to stand on Management Committee and ordinary VCA Committees?" is just so wrong. What is also wrong, in my opinion, is other posters, who by their own admission haven't even read the frigging report, getting on here and making comments like "Sounds like another Faux Paus like Channel 10's the Circle" and "sending the VCA a letter of complaint". This sort of uninformed, ignorant gossip and gratuitous commentary is behind a large portion of the dog world's ills. Can you tell I'm a little bit upset?

Sylvia Power

I am speaking entirely as an individual member, nothing to do with the fact that I'm on Management Committee. I try to keep out of online gossip, innuendo and personal assassination attempts, but in this instance I can't. I believe the original poster's interpretation of what was said in the President's Report in VicDog is so far off the mark as to be laughable and to write what was written in the post is nothing short of mischievous at best. To attempt to construe that the article was comparing "our "forefathers" fighting and giving their lives to fight at Gallipoli for ALL Australians freedom being put in the same context as VCA members not being willing to stand on Management Committee and ordinary VCA Committees?" is just so wrong. What is also wrong, in my opinion, is other posters, who by their own admission haven't even read the frigging report, getting on here and making comments like "Sounds like another Faux Paus like Channel 10's the Circle" and "sending the VCA a letter of complaint". This sort of uninformed, ignorant gossip and gratuitous commentary is behind a large portion of the dog world's ills. Can you tell I'm a little bit upset?

Sylvia Power

Just read the article and have to agree with you Sylvia. Colleen, I am also a daughter of a WW2 veteran, and can find nothing "disgusting" about this article. In fact, thanks to the

original poster for bringing it to my attention, I normally skip over it, but enjoyed the read!

Well I've just received my gazette and read the President's Report.........Julie R you are either unbelievably hypersensitive or just intent on causing trouble because there is absolutely nothing objectionable in the report, in fact it's very good. Your post is very misleading :(

Ok so I have sat and read the article, three times actually, to ensure I have absorbed every word and develop a feel for the intent....

I Personally see nothing insulting or disgusting in his comments, and believe I can also see the true intent of his piece..... I believe it is actually meant to be motivational, to all members of DogsVic and an inspiration to younger members.

I am sorry if others do not agree with me.

Aside from the right or perceived wrong of Peter's comments....

Personally I gave over ten years to a major metro club, over the past 7 years I have given my time to a totally unrelated association. All this on top of working full time and running a small home business subsidizing dog activities. I plan on giving up all volunteer activities over the next three months. I believe I have done my bit.

So maybe it is time for those whose lives revolve around attending to start doing some of the organizing, take some responsibility for making things happen and ensuring fair decisions for all.

I was in a unique position of being able to see how much time goes into being on vca managementt committee. Most members have absolutely no idea and don't care enough to find out.

So if you want dog activities to continue and you want a public voice get off your butt and do something about it.

Edited by experiencedfun

EF - you have hit the nail on the head!!!

This pastime would absolutely grind to a halt without volunteers - far too many takers involved nowdays!!!

I suspect it is the same in any organisation - people arrive expecting everything to be done, and the minute

they are no longer required - they are gone!

Let's not mention the complaints if it is not to their satisfaction!!!

Can you tell I have had a very ordinary day????

I am not surprised considering what you can expect tomorrow.

Yes, it is definitely the same in every organisation and some don't put their requests for assistance as eloquently as Peter did. One that I belong to do not take into consideration that you work and volunteer 20+ hours a week to another volunteer organisation. They insist if you want to be part of their organisation you will put in.

Then there is the other side of the coin where you offer assistance and a club don't even bother to email back. Their loss.

Good luck tomorrow Gail.

EF - you have hit the nail on the head!!!

This pastime would absolutely grind to a halt without volunteers - far too many takers involved nowdays!!!

I suspect it is the same in any organisation - people arrive expecting everything to be done, and the minute

they are no longer required - they are gone!

Let's not mention the complaints if it is not to their satisfaction!!!

Can you tell I have had a very ordinary day????

I can imagine. But they should not whinge as at least they had a roof over their head.