Rusty - Tiny Terrier X

I just wanted to introduce my new foster through DCH Adoptions.His name is Rusty and he is a tiny wee Terrier x who was surrendered after his owner entered a retirement facility.

He has only been with me for a few days but if I was wanting another dog,he would be it.He is used to living indoors and prefers to snooze on the couch whilst I watch Midsomer Murders and he even accompanies me to the loo lest I fall in the hole :laugh: .He was morose the first two days and wouldnt eat but my Pharaoh Kenny became his mate and sort of brought him out of himself..

I have spent the day sick in bd today and Rusty has stayed by my side content to be quiet and let me rest.I rather like dressing him up in cute coats too!

If anyone is after a true loyal lapdog, perfect for an older couple then consider Rusty.He has even met my Devon Rexes and regards them with respect because they have the power of The CLAW!!

Located in Wollongong NSW.

http://www.petrescue.com.au/view/148125

I need another Devon like I need a hole in the head . . .said with L.O.V.E!I had to have a look anyway but they are not on the website . . .

If all fosters were as good as Rusty, Id eat my hat!

Guest lavendergirl

So sad for the poor old lady having to give up her little dog - I feel so sorry for the old people when this happens. Rusty is a real cutie and will find a new home quickly I am sure.

I am keeping a photo log of Rusty . .for each day he spends in care, I take one picture a day of him doing something whether that is eating his tea or at the beach.After he is adopted, ill visit his old owner in the nursing home and give her the photo book of his time with me up until his new adoptive home.One day, we will all be old and I hope my pets are treated with respect and dignity if I am ever unable to care for them any longer.

But today I am Rusty free!! A local groomer does our DCH dogs as her way of contribution so he is there getting pampered and jazzed up!

Rusty will have a new playmate on Saturday as I am taking a Tibetan Spaniel called Max from Renbury.My Kenya,the Pharaoh just gets so excited when I get the crate out of the garage because that means that a new doggy mate is coming and that is really EXCITING for Kenny.Last week, I rehomed a Pug to a fantastic new home but for a day after,Kenny wouldnt eat and was slumped in his bed very sad and missing her terribly . . .I brought out the big guns - BANANA CUSTARD!! That never fails to at least cheer him up until the bowl is empty :rofl:

I am taking a Tibetan Spaniel called Max from Renbury.

Bit O/T, I looked at Max's pic. He sure is a happy, people-centred doggie! That's a Tibbie nature. His snout is a bit stronger than the standard. But that's of no account in terms of being a happy, loving doggie who'll be a gem as a pet. I like the way the Volunteer Notes said he happily did what was asked, & got a 'lolly'!

His coat looks a little neglected.....but he'll come up a gorgeous treat with a good bath & brush. Thank you for caring for him.

Rusty's very cute. You can tell he's been much loved. It will make his 'mum's' heart glad that he still will be.

Edited by mita

I am taking a Tibetan Spaniel called Max from Renbury.

Bit O/T, I looked at Max's pic. He sure is a happy, people-centred doggie! That's a Tibbie nature. His snout is a bit stronger than the standard. But that's of no account in terms of being a happy, loving doggie who'll be a gem as a pet. I like the way the Volunteer Notes said he happily did what was asked, & got a 'lolly'!

His coat looks a little neglected.....but he'll come up a gorgeous treat with a good bath & brush. Thank you for caring for him.

Rusty's very cute. You can tell he's been much loved. It will make his 'mum's' heart glad that he still will be.

Hi Mita,

I cant wait to meet Max in person on Saturday.A trusted friend has already met him and told me how jovial he is.He will be off to the groomer next week to get spiffed for his profile pics.A good photo makes a real difference, I think.

429366_3091718005875_1051740463_32857258_484896948_n.jpg431505_3091718205880_1051740463_32857259_1824305223_n.jpg

This is Rusty today after he got home from the groomer.He is also sporting a new $2 shirt from Reject Shop Couture :rofl:

He has a lovely Sydney lady coming to meet him on Sunday and by all account,it seems a perfect fit.

I have no idea why but when I have a prospective adoptive parent coming to meet a doggy, not only do I wash and groom the dog but im compelled to clean the house too.Silly women eh? :laugh:

Fingers crossed for Rusty!

Wow! Rusty looks like a star after his grooming & wearing his new outfit. I'm sure the lady coming to visit him will fall in love.

I've got a feeling that Max will have star quality, too, after his groom-up. Look forward to the pics!

did rusty go to a new home?

could you not make it a condition of his addoption to have him taken to see his old owner sometimes?

i had a dog that looked like him 20 years ago... she was awesome.

Rusty is having his first meet and greet tomorrow so paws crossed.I dont know about putting such conditions on the adoption . . if the new owners are happy to do so,brilliant but it cant be guaranteed.

She (old owner) will get all the pics I took of him in care and an update letter on who he was homed with.

Rusty is awesome! I cant really fault him. ;)

Rusty went to a fantastic new Sydney home today and is looking forward to long walks in Centennial Park.He left wearing his little blue shirt and a smile on his face

On a side note . . .Max the Tibetan Spaniel X has arrived and ill do a thread for him when he is over his kennel cough and ready for pictures.He is gentle,quiet and again . . .a lovely little dog who will make an adorable mate for someone special.

Rusty went to a fantastic new Sydney home today and is looking forward to long walks in Centennial Park.He left wearing his little blue shirt and a smile on his face

On a side note . . .Max the Tibetan Spaniel X has arrived and ill do a thread for him when he is over his kennel cough and ready for pictures.He is gentle,quiet and again . . .a lovely little dog who will make an adorable mate for someone special.

Great news about Rusty. I love how he left wearing his Sunday best & smiling.

Look forward to hearing and seeing more about Max.

These little dogs are so lucky that rescuers are there for them!