Dry Dog Food

jim1

There was a thread started on that a little while ago Here Personally, for reasons others have said, I wouldn't even consider it. I'm a convert to Black Hawk Holistic :thumbsup:

Sheena

You should talk.

Why don't you say l promote and sell black hawk instead of pretending to be a convert.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest lavendergirl

Its just a cut and paste from a previous thread - I don't think its anything sinister. I think its good to have discussions about the various foods available.

My Dogs, have been on Royal Canin for 2 days now, since I stopped the Black Hawk ther thirst went back to normal and there pissing in the garden has come down to half LOL

I've just done a switch to Black Hawk and I have noticed coat improvement in my huskies but they are drinking A LOT more water than before and the weather has gotten cooler so I'm assuming it's the food? :confused: But if it is ok guess there is nothing to worry about.

Happened to mine too, the amount they were drinking was ridiculous, it tripled at least. As soon as I took them off it they went back to their usual drinking habits. I'm talking a few laps turned into drinking a whole bowl at a time (and begging for a refill) when most days they only drink 1-2 bowls the whole day. I wasn't happy with that amount of water consumption (and the newly required toilet trips in the middle of the night!) so they came off it. I guess it depends on the dog, but it just didn't suit mine.

Edited by Bundyburger

I've just done a switch to Black Hawk and I have noticed coat improvement in my huskies but they are drinking A LOT more water than before and the weather has gotten cooler so I'm assuming it's the food? :confused: But if it is ok guess there is nothing to worry about.

Happened to mine too, the amount they were drinking was ridiculous, it tripled at least. As soon as I took them off it they went back to their usual drinking habits. I'm talking a few laps turned into drinking a whole bowl at a time (and begging for a refill) when most days they only drink 1-2 bowls the whole day. I wasn't happy with that amount of water consumption (and the newly required toilet trips in the middle of the night!) so they came off it. I guess it depends on the dog, but it just didn't suit mine.

Yeah I am filling both water bowls up a couple times a day. Just put Coco on it to from Royal Canin so will see if she does the same thing. If it keeps happening guess we'll look for something else :shrug: How many litres of water would be considered normal approx?

My Dogs, have been on Royal Canin for 2 days now, since I stopped the Black Hawk ther thirst went back to normal and there pissing in the garden has come down to half LOL

Hope the Royal Canin suits them better :thumbsup:

last 2 days they doing ok.. I should have changed to Royal Canin long time ago.. Guess we all live and learn.

Yeah I am filling both water bowls up a couple times a day. Just put Coco on it to from Royal Canin so will see if she does the same thing. If it keeps happening guess we'll look for something else :shrug: How many litres of water would be considered normal approx?

20-70ml/kg/day is what is considered a "normal" water intake.

Good to hear. My two do wonderfully on Royal Canin - very shiny coats and they are lean and Elbie in particular seems well-muscled. We supplement every now and then with chicken wings (instead of the kibble) and a raw egg cracked on top of the kibble and everyone is happy.

Elbie started on the Evil Hills Science Diet and did wonderfully on that, too - but when Hoover first arrived, he didn't like it so we did a gradual switch for both over to RC. Irony was that by the time we switched to Royal Canin, Hoover had decided he didn't mind the Hills after all. :laugh: In any case, we're very happy with Royal Canin - plus Pet Barn gave us a free kibble bin after we'd bought x number of bags :rofl:

Edited by koalathebear

20-70ml/kg/day is what is considered a "normal" water intake.

:eek: The 2 bowls we have hold at least 3 litres each and both get emptied min. once a day!

My two very active border collies 18 kilos & 23 kilos would be lucky to drink 1/2 litre water a day each, live in a hot climate & get fed Black Hawk. I sometimes wish they would drink more.

Yes sure they drink half a litre a day LOL its maybe becouse you sell it and advertise it. and they dont want you to look like a liar, give me a break will you that is the bigest bullshit i have heard.

Edited by jim1

My two very active border collies 18 kilos & 23 kilos would be lucky to drink 1/2 litre water a day each, live in a hot climate & get fed Black Hawk. I sometimes wish they would drink more.

Yes sure they drink half a litre a day LOL its maybe becouse you sell it and advertise it. and they dont want you to look like a liar, give me a break will you that is the bigest bullshit i have heard.

Jim1 my two borders are on black hawk and they would drink a similar amount to Sheena's two (and no I do not sell black hawk...)

As has been said many times there is no one food for all dogs. As each dog is an individual and has different needs from a dry food.

I find this post very offensive....I am not a liar. Because I am an agent for Black Hawk, that makes me dishonest...does it :confused: I repeat, my two very active border collies who live in a very hot climate & are fed Black Hawk, would not, even on the hottest day drink more than half a litre of water a day. Hmmmmmmm BC's are pretty smart though, mabey they are turning the hose on for each other when I am not looking :eek:

Jim1 - i think you're being a smidge rude - just because sheena sells BH doesn't mean she's not entitled to an opinion on it!

Interestingly, my SBT is on BH too, and isn't a big drinker either (and we live in DARWIN!)

Guest lavendergirl

I think people would just like to have a discussion about the particular food raised in the topic thread without the thread turning into a Black Hawk discussion.

I think people would just like to have a discussion about the particular food raised in the topic thread without the thread turning into a Black Hawk discussion.

Agree entirely...especially turning it into a vilification of BH, thread.

I find this post very offensive....I am not a liar. Because I am an agent for Black Hawk, that makes me dishonest...does it :confused: I repeat, my two very active border collies who live in a very hot climate & are fed Black Hawk, would not, even on the hottest day drink more than half a litre of water a day. Hmmmmmmm BC's are pretty smart though, mabey they are turning the hose on for each other when I am not looking :eek:

Sorry to offened, but seems like evrey time there is a disscusion on dog food you are right there to promate Black Hawk... i have tryed it and dont like it simple as that its like any other crap food out there .

As has been said many times there is no one food for all dogs. As each dog is an individual and has different needs from a dry food.

I wish more people would remember this. Everyone's dog and everyone's lifestyle is different. I wish people wouldn't be so judgmental about dog food - some people's dogs get sick on raw food, some people's dogs are allergic to this kibble or that kibble. My dogs did fine on Evil Hills Science Diet and they do just as fine on Royal Canin. I am sure they would have been fine on Black Hawk, I just preferred to get them a kibble that was guaranteed to always be easy to source. I think there are even a few people here who feed their dogs 'supermarket' kibble/wet foods and their dogs do fine/better on it than they do on premium kibble. It's like the whole "you must feed bones"/"you should never feed bones" debate. No one is right or wrong and no one can win. I think it's fine to put forward what you do and what your preference is, but then leave it at that. To be honest, there are many who probably think that one is a bad owner just because one feeds one's dog kibble rather than a raw diet so all of us kibblers are naughty regardless of brand :laugh:

Agree entirely...especially turning it into a vilification of BH, thread.

As opposed to a deification of Black Hawk thread. ;)

Its a dog food, not a miracle cure all for all canine ills. Plenty of folk feed it and like it but you can say that about most dog foods.

A lot of folk are wary of claims about products made by those who profit from their sale - it pays to keep that in mind. When you cross over to putting the boot into other dog foods, then you lose me. If its as good as folk say it is, then it should sell itself. :shrug:

Edited by Telida Whippets