Dry Dog Food

jim1

My two very active border collies 18 kilos & 23 kilos would be lucky to drink 1/2 litre water a day each, live in a hot climate & get fed Black Hawk. I sometimes wish they would drink more.

Yes sure they drink half a litre a day LOL its maybe becouse you sell it and advertise it. and they dont want you to look like a liar, give me a break will you that is the bigest bullshit i have heard.

I find this post very offensive....I am not a liar. Because I am an agent for Black Hawk, that makes me dishonest...does it :confused: I repeat, my two very active border collies who live in a very hot climate & are fed Black Hawk, would not, even on the hottest day drink more than half a litre of water a day. Hmmmmmmm BC's are pretty smart though, mabey they are turning the hose on for each other when I am not looking :eek:

Sorry to offened, but seems like evrey time there is a disscusion on dog food you are right there to promate Black Hawk... i have tryed it and dont like it simple as that its like any other crap food out there .

Sheena isn't forcing you to feed BH, she gave her opinion on the food that her dogs do well on, she was giving the same opinion long before she became a distributor for BH, except now she has to don a flame suit for daring to mention the brand she feeds. Every other user posts the brand of food they feed their dogs, so how is that any different? You asked for opinions, you're getting them, you tried BH and it didn't agree with your dogs? thats fine, don't try it again, nobody is forcing you to

For the record, I feed BH, my dogs thrive on it, I have no idea how much they drink but they always have access to water, and NO I don't distribute BH

Yep I will never Feed it to my dogs again, and will never recomened it either. The only good thing about it was, gave the dogs shiny coats that is all.. the farts never stoped,they kept pissing all the time.. and they drank water like elephants LOL.. and this is my opinion.. have a good day LOL

Just because it didn't agree with your dogs, it doesn't mean it isn't a good food, Advance made my Golden break out in hotspots, does that mean I try to make their brand name look like mud? no, because it is still a good food, it just wasn't the food for her, when I fed the same dog RC, she was eating twice the 'recommended' feeding guide, as we all know that guide is very generous, I could guess that she was eating nearly 3 times what she should have really needed and only JUST maintaining weight, but again I don't diss the food because it is still a good food, just not for her, I put her on BH and she is now a great weight and eating much less food. My Cattle dog was on Hills when we got him, soon changed him to BH as his stools never firmed up, and he just thrives on it.

There is no reason why you should be trying to give BH such a bad name, just accept that the food wasn't right for your dogs, move on and find something else

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the important thing to remember is that no food, no matter how 'good' it is is going to suit all dogs. I've tried a few with my little guy, Eukanuba, Balck Hawk and now we're just starting on proplan. My parents dogs have enjoyed the changing menu as we order enough of whatever to feed them all so we save by buying in bulk. All the dogs did okay on Eukanuba and Black Hawk But I find it hard keeping reasonable condition on my guy - he's either skin and bones or has a pudgy tummy...really hard to hit that happy medium so far. The latest drama is the 6 or so stools a day from him which I'm not happy with although I must say the excessive water drinking which seems to have caused such an uproar hasn't been a problem with him - in fact he drank more on the Eukanuba. The other dogs are cruising along fine on the Black Hawk, looking fantastic in fact and my parents are probably going to continue feeding it while I keep experimenting to find what suits my little fellow. I think it's a fantastic food and have seen the results with their dogs - it's just doesn't suit Paddy- I'm disappointed, but it's not the food's fault...we'll keep looking till we find what we need to keep him in great nick.