Dry Dog Food

jim1

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you telling me jim1 that I can NEVER enter a discussion on a dry food thread. If so then no-one can mention any other brands either. I don't "promote" BH . It is what I feed my dogs & they do well on it. Why should I hide that fact. I don't advertise BH, I don't own BH, I am not out to even make money on BH. I buy a few extra bags so that people who don't live in the big cities can obtain it at a fair price. If I cover my costs (& in 6 months I have not done that yet), I am happy with that. The BIG beneficiaries in my country area have been the dog clubs that I support. Unlike you, jim1, I do not use offensive language or bad mouth other brands of Dog Food. I have on a couple of occasions suggested that certain threads have been deliberately turned into free advertising for certain products. If you are a prime example of the people who use XYP what ever, then if ever I see it in the shops, I will think of you & :bolt:

Are you telling me jim1 that I can NEVER enter a discussion on a dry food thread. If so then no-one can mention any other brands either. I don't "promote" BH . It is what I feed my dogs & they do well on it. Why should I hide that fact. I don't advertise BH, I don't own BH, I am not out to even make money on BH. I buy a few extra bags so that people who don't live in the big cities can obtain it at a fair price. If I cover my costs (& in 6 months I have not done that yet), I am happy with that. The BIG beneficiaries in my country area have been the dog clubs that I support. Unlike you, jim1, I do not use offensive language or bad mouth other brands of Dog Food. I have on a couple of occasions suggested that certain threads have been deliberately turned into free advertising for certain products. If you are a prime example of the people who use XYP what ever, then if ever I see it in the shops, I will think of you & :bolt:

Given the flogging you're dishing out to an unhappy BH user, its probably just as well. ;)

Edited by Telida Whippets

Guest donatella

I was on BH but loving taste of the wild at the moment.

Every dog is different and thrives on different foods, we all know that :)

Given the flogging you're dishing out to an unhappy BH user, its probably just as well. ;)

So quote me....what "flogging" have I dished out...you tell me????????? The poster called me a liar for saying how much my two dogs drink in a day.

Donatella...where can I get a sample of TOTW. It sounds good :thumbsup:

Guest donatella

You get samples from the naturalpetstore.com.au

The samples are free but you need to pay the $5 postage as it's not the TOTW company who is sending them (think they're an overseas company).

I like the flavor varieties, salmon is a fav around here :)

My two very active border collies 18 kilos & 23 kilos would be lucky to drink 1/2 litre water a day each, live in a hot climate & get fed Black Hawk. I sometimes wish they would drink more.

Yes sure they drink half a litre a day LOL its maybe becouse you sell it and advertise it. and they dont want you to look like a liar, give me a break will you that is the bigest bullshit i have heard.

Jim1, I'm starting to think you work for a "competition" brand of dog food and are here just to cause drama and say negative things about other brands! Give it a rest, it's getting boring.

My two very active border collies 18 kilos & 23 kilos would be lucky to drink 1/2 litre water a day each, live in a hot climate & get fed Black Hawk. I sometimes wish they would drink more.

Yes sure they drink half a litre a day LOL its maybe becouse you sell it and advertise it. and they dont want you to look like a liar, give me a break will you that is the bigest bullshit i have heard.

Jim1, I'm starting to think you work for a "competition" brand of dog food and are here just to cause drama and say negative things about other brands! Give it a rest, it's getting boring.

LOL you thought wrong. :thumbsup:

You get samples from the naturalpetstore.com.au

The samples are free but you need to pay the $5 postage as it's not the TOTW company who is sending them (think they're an overseas company).

I like the flavor varieties, salmon is a fav around here :)

I would like to try the salmon. Thanks, I will look them up. I looked them up a while ago, but must have had the wrong site as I got the feeling it was a product of Tasmania.

Guest donatella

I think Tasmania is one of the main distribution points but I don't think it's created there. I could well be wrong through.

Do try them, at least for a flavor change for doggies :)

Both my dogs love fish, either raw, whole or tinned. I wouldn't mind buying a small bag if I could find someone up my way that sells it (Northern NSW)..it sounds like the dogs like it & all the comments I have read so far have been positives :thumbsup:

Guest donatella

The naturalpetstore has $5 flat postage for VIC, NSW & QLD :thumbsup:

By the way I'm a nurse and don't work for either TOTW or thenaturalpetstore lol

Edited by donatella

I've had my dogs on Black hawk for roughly 6 months, & I am more than happy with the results.

My dogs have lovely shiny coats, energy levels are great, poos are small & firm, & no gas at all ( which was a real problem with the Advance they where previously on ) I haven't noticed them drinking any more water either. :)

I strongly believe the best dry food is the one your dog does best on, & Black Hawk seems to be the best dry food for my dogs after trying many other brands with them, & I will definately be sticking with it.

I don't work for Black Hawk, I'm just a very happy customer. :D

I have fed Black Hawk, TOTW, VAN and many other varieties of dog food both dry and raw and they have done pretty well on all of them. I now have a new pup who did not seem to take to the VAN very well (we tried for over 2 weeks) so now we are feeding Holistic Select. I really like TOTW but it costs me $35 in postage to get it here and it is more convenient for me to be able to get something locally. I still feed raw 3-4 nights a week, but instead of VAN I mix my own raw food for them and they are all happy on that, including the new pup.

There is no miracle food and no matter how well your dogs do on something there will be someone out there whose dogs hated it, looked like crap on it, it made them sick, drink too much water, poo to much/not enough etc. If it works for you and your dogs then great, if not find something else and move on!

As has been said many times there is no one food for all dogs. As each dog is an individual and has different needs from a dry food.

I wish more people would remember this. Everyone's dog and everyone's lifestyle is different. I wish people wouldn't be so judgmental about dog food - some people's dogs get sick on raw food, some people's dogs are allergic to this kibble or that kibble. My dogs did fine on Evil Hills Science Diet and they do just as fine on Royal Canin. I am sure they would have been fine on Black Hawk, I just preferred to get them a kibble that was guaranteed to always be easy to source. I think there are even a few people here who feed their dogs 'supermarket' kibble/wet foods and their dogs do fine/better on it than they do on premium kibble. It's like the whole "you must feed bones"/"you should never feed bones" debate. No one is right or wrong and no one can win. I think it's fine to put forward what you do and what your preference is, but then leave it at that. To be honest, there are many who probably think that one is a bad owner just because one feeds one's dog kibble rather than a raw diet so all of us kibblers are naughty regardless of brand :laugh:

Good comment! :)

I've just taken my two off of Canidae, their farts were rank. I've put them on some other stuff (that I can't remember the name of). I brought my mum a bag too to see if it will help improve the skin condition of her GSD, apparently it is fantastic for skin problems. My dogs do great on anything really. Eukenuba, advance, hills. It's all good IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guest lavendergirl
As has been said many times there is no one food for all dogs. As each dog is an individual and has different needs from a dry food.

I wish more people would remember this. Everyone's dog and everyone's lifestyle is different. I wish people wouldn't be so judgmental about dog food - some people's dogs get sick on raw food, some people's dogs are allergic to this kibble or that kibble. My dogs did fine on Evil Hills Science Diet and they do just as fine on Royal Canin. I am sure they would have been fine on Black Hawk, I just preferred to get them a kibble that was guaranteed to always be easy to source. I think there are even a few people here who feed their dogs 'supermarket' kibble/wet foods and their dogs do fine/better on it than they do on premium kibble. It's like the whole "you must feed bones"/"you should never feed bones" debate. No one is right or wrong and no one can win. I think it's fine to put forward what you do and what your preference is, but then leave it at that. To be honest, there are many who probably think that one is a bad owner just because one feeds one's dog kibble rather than a raw diet so all of us kibblers are naughty regardless of brand :laugh:

I've just taken my two off of Canidae, their farts were rank. I've put them on some other stuff (that I can't remember the name of). I brought my mum a bag too to see if it will help improve the skin condition of her GSD, apparently it is fantastic for skin problems. My dogs do great on anything really. Eukenuba, advance, hills. It's all good IMO.

Would be interested to know what the name is for the one that is good for skin :)

I find this post very offensive....I am not a liar. Because I am an agent for Black Hawk, that makes me dishonest...does it :confused: I repeat, my two very active border collies who live in a very hot climate & are fed Black Hawk, would not, even on the hottest day drink more than half a litre of water a day. Hmmmmmmm BC's are pretty smart though, mabey they are turning the hose on for each other when I am not looking :eek:

Sorry to offened, but seems like evrey time there is a disscusion on dog food you are right there to promate Black Hawk... i have tryed it and dont like it simple as that its like any other crap food out there .

Sheena isn't forcing you to feed BH, she gave her opinion on the food that her dogs do well on, she was giving the same opinion long before she became a distributor for BH, except now she has to don a flame suit for daring to mention the brand she feeds. Every other user posts the brand of food they feed their dogs, so how is that any different? You asked for opinions, you're getting them, you tried BH and it didn't agree with your dogs? thats fine, don't try it again, nobody is forcing you to

For the record, I feed BH, my dogs thrive on it, I have no idea how much they drink but they always have access to water, and NO I don't distribute BH

Would be interested to know what the name is for the one that is good for skin :)

I know that many people don't like Proplan but Georgia eats Proplan Sensitive skin and stomach and does well on it. She can get a little itchy on other brands of dog food but i find this one suits her and she looks good. Nice shiny coat, lots of energy and even better no itching and scratching when she is on it even though she is only fed about a cup of dry a day.

Edited by perrin

I find this post very offensive....I am not a liar. Because I am an agent for Black Hawk, that makes me dishonest...does it :confused: I repeat, my two very active border collies who live in a very hot climate & are fed Black Hawk, would not, even on the hottest day drink more than half a litre of water a day. Hmmmmmmm BC's are pretty smart though, mabey they are turning the hose on for each other when I am not looking :eek:

Sorry to offened, but seems like evrey time there is a disscusion on dog food you are right there to promate Black Hawk... i have tryed it and dont like it simple as that its like any other crap food out there .

Sheena isn't forcing you to feed BH, she gave her opinion on the food that her dogs do well on, she was giving the same opinion long before she became a distributor for BH, except now she has to don a flame suit for daring to mention the brand she feeds. Every other user posts the brand of food they feed their dogs, so how is that any different? You asked for opinions, you're getting them, you tried BH and it didn't agree with your dogs? thats fine, don't try it again, nobody is forcing you to

For the record, I feed BH, my dogs thrive on it, I have no idea how much they drink but they always have access to water, and NO I don't distribute BH

Yep I will never Feed it to my dogs again, and will never recomened it either. The only good thing about it was, gave the dogs shiny coats that is all.. the farts never stoped,they kept pissing all the time.. and they drank water like elephants LOL.. and this is my opinion.. have a good day LOL