Teeth Cleaning - Perth

Chocolate

Can't help you with that - it was a year ago since I last had my boy's teeth cleaned at a Vet. However, many people seem to have cottoned on to and are using "Proden Plaque Off" as a food additive to help get rid of plaque, with a good amount of success. I'm also using it and although I'd hoped for a faster result, I must admit that appeared to be a thick layer of plaque that had very quickly accumulated on my dog's teeth since the last clean, is appearing as a much thinner layer and white tooth is making itself apparent.

This doesn't answer your query and I'm sorry if it is too off topic, but thought you might like to know about this option.

Can't help you with that - it was a year ago since I last had my boy's teeth cleaned at a Vet. However, many people seem to have cottoned on to and are using "Proden Plaque Off" as a food additive to help get rid of plaque, with a good amount of success. I'm also using it and although I'd hoped for a faster result, I must admit that appeared to be a thick layer of plaque that had very quickly accumulated on my dog's teeth since the last clean, is appearing as a much thinner layer and white tooth is making itself apparent.

This doesn't answer your query and I'm sorry if it is too off topic, but thought you might like to know about this option.

Thanks Erny. That's the problem with teeth cleaning is it seems to build up again so fast on the teeth even just after a couple of months with some dogs. I'll try using the Troy Plaque Off with him. I have been using it with some of my other dogs but it takes 6-8 weeks to start working so perhaps I'll do a triple hit with him of Plaque Off, Vetzlife Gel and raw meaty bones.

Edited by Chocolate

What are you feeding your dog? Tinned food really makes the teeth scale up fast. Feeding a premium dry dog food specifically for teeth cleaning will help, the best is Hills T/D as the biscuit is huge and its cleans the teeth, the tooth goes into the biscuit and fibres pull the tartar off the tooth,other dry food crumbles without the tooth going in.There are other oral care dry foods but none are the size of the TD biscuits.

Also plenty of Brisket bones the softer ones the teeth can go into, hard leg bones whole or split in half will fracture teeth and then they will have to be removed.

For a descale and polish you would be looking at around $300 over that if there are extractions needed and if you decide to do pre GA bloods .

What are you feeding your dog? Tinned food really makes the teeth scale up fast. Feeding a premium dry dog food specifically for teeth cleaning will help, the best is Hills T/D as the biscuit is huge and its cleans the teeth, the tooth goes into the biscuit and fibres pull the tartar off the tooth,other dry food crumbles without the tooth going in.There are other oral care dry foods but none are the size of the TD biscuits.

Also plenty of Brisket bones the softer ones the teeth can go into, hard leg bones whole or split in half will fracture teeth and then they will have to be removed.

For a descale and polish you would be looking at around $300 over that if there are extractions needed and if you decide to do pre GA bloods .

Thanks sheree_e4 It is mainly just his canines the molars are good. I find the bones don't touch the canines nor dental biscuits. He didn't think much of the dental biscuits. Loves bones though! I'm wondering if the girl quoted me wrong on a scale and polish. I might try ringing again, she may have been new to the clinic.

Might be a bit off topic, but does anyone know why some dogs' teeth seem to get plaque much worse and faster than other dogs? My 7 year old rescue rarely eats bones as they upset his tummy, yet his teeth are almost perfect. My 2 year old Aussie gets bones 3 or 4x weekly plus I brush her teeth as often as I remember, but her teeth are horrible.

Might be a bit off topic, but does anyone know why some dogs' teeth seem to get plaque much worse and faster than other dogs? My 7 year old rescue rarely eats bones as they upset his tummy, yet his teeth are almost perfect. My 2 year old Aussie gets bones 3 or 4x weekly plus I brush her teeth as often as I remember, but her teeth are horrible.

I read it has to do with the structure and shape of the muzzle and spacing available for the teeth. My GSD has lovely plaque free teeth at 6 but the Cavaliers plaque up really quickly.

Wuffles, I know it's not dogs but still relevant I think. My folks have two cats, both from the same litter and have eaten all the same food etc. One has nearly perfect teeth and one has had heaps of dental problems. None of the vets really know why :confused:

Maddie had a dental scale under full anesthetic and five months later they are back to what they were :( BUT only on one side.Maddie only chews on one side.When my vet did the procedure he said there was no reason for her to eat on one side but she does.Has anyone else experienced this?