Going To Vcat

I wish to assist dog owners that have had a dog declared a "Restricted Breed Dog" since 30th September 2011 and that are challenging their councils declaration at VCAT.

I am seeing too many dog owners turn up to defend their beloved four legged friend/s only to come up against Council Barristers and solicitors.

Dog owners are told that vcat is informal and that no legal representation is necessary only to be confronted with ratepayer funded barristers and solicitors acting for council. Not to mention a multitude of council staff in attendance as well. For example: one council 4 staff a barrister and a solicitor as well as council witnesses against an unsuspecting, unrepresented dog owner.

Hardly procedural fairness!

Please email in the first instance: [email protected]

Edited by APBT Club of Aust Inc.

• 2 weeks later...

I wish you guys all the best, maybe numbers will help

Save Lilla from a life behind bars and end Breed Specific Legislation (BSL)

Petition: www.change.org/petitions/prime-minister-of-australia-save-lilla-from-a-life-behind-bars-and-end-breed-specific-legislation-bsl

Facebook: www.facebook.com/savelilla

Please:

Sign the petition, Like the Facebook group, Share the horrid reality of the situation, to end these abhorrent laws.

I've tried but the link doesn't work. Could you please check and if incorrect re-post?

(I am not on Facebook)

Thank you.

Edited: I do not have a "restricted" breed but I am sooooo angry about the legislation. Shame, shame, shame!

Edited by Kajtek

I've tried but the link doesn't work. Could you please check and if incorrect re-post?

(I am not on Facebook)

Thank you.

Edited: I do not have a "restricted" breed but I am sooooo angry about the legislation. Shame, shame, shame!

Link is definitely correct a google search will find it too. Cheers, BSL Is a crock.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Great result in the Supreme Court. Both dogs (one with puppies) now home for Christmas.

Another dog's Supreme Court Appeal allowed on basis of previous Supreme Court finding. At this stage Rocket is heading back to the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal for another review. Hopefully Council involved will see sense and send this dog home also!

For more info see http://www.facebook.com/DogsOnTrialDOTVictoria