How Much Does Your Vet Charge For Linctol

Bow Wow

I have just come home from the vets and $326 later :cry: I sat down to study the bill.

They have given me half a bottle of Linctol at a cost of $28.28. This seems very expensive for half a bottle of cough mixture. Is this right or have they charged me for a full bottle?

Don't know how much the vet charges, it's $22.80 for 120ml online, but is it the same?

Linctol :Dextromethorphan hydrobromide 2 mg/mL

Chlorpheniramine maleate 0.4 mg/mL

Ephedrine hydrochloride 1 mg/mL

Yeap same one. I saw that as well. That is some mark up!

Yeap same one. I saw that as well. That is some mark up!

Its sad when you realise this happens. I once paid $40 at our local vet for an ear cleaner I then found for $20 plus free postage online (I stupidly checked after I got home not before)

I read a thread on here about people paying $30 for Illium Neocort cream. My NEW vet only charges $8 for it.

Paid $28.00 for 50g tube of ILIUM NEOCORT at my vets. You can buy (with prescription) cheap 200g tub online in Australia. That's a way to maximise profits for our vets. Lots of people have no access or knowledge of computers.

The vet I used to work at put a 400% markup on prescription drugs, 200% on non prescription stuff :mad:

Wow I've never worked anywhere that did that, I don't think I could morally.

We've taken the dispensing fee off our Linctol as we feel bad that it's so much more expensive than Benadryl.

The vet I used to work at put a 400% markup on prescription drugs, 200% on non prescription stuff :mad:

Wow I've never worked anywhere that did that, I don't think I could morally.

We've taken the dispensing fee off our Linctol as we feel bad that it's so much more expensive than Benadryl.

The guy was an ass and it was reflected in the quietness of the clinic. Smart people vote with their feet. But still, there are vets out there that do it. I was very glad to move on from that clinic!!!

• 2 weeks later...

So... our pup Angus has a cough and we think its kennel cough. As he's been vaccinated we're just treating with left over Linctol from when Asti got it last year and keeping him warm when it gets cooler in the morning (waking up at 1am with a hacking puppy isn't fun when you ahve to go to work the next day) and the humidifier on near his crate too.

Just incase we ran out of our existing bottle of Linctol the vet suggested we get some more - he charged us $60 for 120ml :eek: I asked him to repeat how much it was twice as I didn't believe him!

On the weekend I had bought some benedryl from the chemists for $11 but am too nervous to give it to him... so Linctol it is! :o

Edited to Add: Asti's bottle of Linctol was $45 that's a huge price increase!

Edited by SammieS

• 4 weeks later...

Don't know how much the vet charges, it's $22.80 for 120ml online, but is it the same?

Linctol :Dextromethorphan hydrobromide 2 mg/mL

Chlorpheniramine maleate 0.4 mg/mL

Ephedrine hydrochloride 1 mg/mL

I just paid $16 for 20 mll. Linctol here {5 days supply @ 4mll. per day}

Plus $26 for 4 Vibravet 50 mllgram tabs. Anyone else have a price on the Vibravet tabs?

I`ve rang around but only able to get a price on the paste, not tabs.

Thanks.