Urgent Transport Needed Coffs Harbour To Port Macquarie/newcastle

dogslife

Sorry to post this here but we are a little desperate on this one.

We are trying to get two Rescue Great Danes from the North Coast to Adelaide.

They cannot fly. (we have tried all options)

One is deaf and he depends on his sister totally. We have managed to find them a home together.

We have most legs covered but we are urgently trying to find someone/s to get them from Coffs Harbour to Newcastle.

They have a ride Sat morn all the way to Adelaide, that we want them to catch.

The drive from Coffs to Newcastle is just under 5 hours. We can help with petrol money.

Lots of cuddles and slobber from the Dane are a given :laugh: :laugh:

Anyone with some time on their hands??? Friday is the best option but Thursday can be organised.

Edited by dogslife

What about Coffs Harbour to Port Macquarie anyone???

Its a two hour leg...???

anyone....????

There is a show at Stroud this Saturday. is any one from up north coming down early for that show?

Stroud is only an hour from Newcastle.

Good luck with finding someone to take them to newcastle.

Its a two hour leg...???

anyone....????

There is a show at Stroud this Saturday. is any one from up north coming down early for that show?

What sort of show is it???

Hi,

Have you found anyone to help yet?

I live in the Coffs area and may be able to help with Coffs to Port Macquarie. Just not sure how to fit 2 Great Danes in my car.

Edited by ludwig09

Hi,

Have you found anyone to help yet?

I live in the Coffs area and may be able to help with Coffs to Port Macquarie. Just not sure how to fit 2 Great Danes in my car.

Danes squish to fit anysize....... :rofl:

We are waiting to hear back on an offer to help.

on my first transport mission I travelled with four coolies in a medium crate in the back of my Corolla from Sydney to WillowTree. I said to the person who brought them to me that they wouldn't fit in the crate but they did. Squashed but they did. And the person replied "it's far better that they be squished for a few hours than being left in a pound to die" and apart from the dreadful car sickness they experienced they were fine at the other end.

so I'm sure that the Great Danes can be squished down to fit. Just keep reminding them of the alternatives as you drive along.

Good luck with it all

Its a two hour leg...???

anyone....????

What sort of show is it???

It is an Agricultural show, with a dog show, over 400 entries, surely some one is coming from that way?????

If anyone can get them to Glen Innes /Armidale / Guyra from the coast, I'd be happy to do the newcastle trip with them.

We have a van set up for giant breeds.

But its off pay week so would definatley need help with petrol :o we've had huge bills this fortnight - otherwise would happily donate fuel costs.

fifi

eta; happy to donate the fuel costs back next week :)

Edited by fifi

We have two delightful blokes who are each driving these two special Danes to their new home.

The second bloke has taken leave from work and he is driving them from Sydney to Adelaide with lots of wee stops on the way.

Its at least a 14 hour drive one way.

People are truly wonderful....!!!

We have two delightful blokes who are each driving these two special Danes to their new home.

The second bloke has taken leave from work and he is driving them from Sydney to Adelaide with lots of wee stops on the way.

You are not wrong!

You are not wrong!

Ditto to that, It is nice to know that some people can be so giving of their time :thumbsup:

Oh my that is wonderful.What a great pair of guys.Makes me a little teary but I am a sook :o