Jessie Has Had Her Operation :)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you everyone for all your wishes. We are $800 away from reaching the $3000. So exciting. We are trying to organise an online aution for Jessie. So if you have anything that you would like to donated Please let me know. Thank you everyone :)

Here is a picture of Jessie at her fundraiser BBQ :)

post-44941-0-39704800-1337340022_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

post-6729-0-57328400-1340974073_thumb.jpg

I just thought that I would update everyone that Jessie had her surgery yesterday, it lasted 6 hours, and although the Vet was unable to lengthen the leg he has straightened it considerably.

I am sure that Jess will come in here to give more information.

post-6729-0-76494800-1340974239_thumb.jpg

Hello Everyone, Sorry I didnt get on here sooner. I have only had time to post on facebook due to Jessie needing extra attention.

Yes Jessie has had her operation to correct her leg. She did really well for a 6hour surgery. The Dr had a few issues with the methods he had chosen to striaghten her leg. He was able to get it 34 degress straighter so she has a 24 degress angle instead of a 58 degress. He was unable to lengthen her leg as plan but due to the straightening she will be a lot happier walking on it :)

Another update on dear Jessie. She slept really well last night. Ate all her breaky and is now laying down on three beds lol but she deserve comfort. She is walking around without using her leg but I trust she wont use it for a week.

I want to Thank you Dr John Punke and his team at Vetsair for all Their hard work and generosity. We are very grateful ♥

Also, Thank you for everyones support and kind words for Jessie. She is such a brave girl. She was a hit down at the vet clinic due to her great character and beautiful markings. She will be on pain killers for 2-3 days and in a cast for a bit more the 4 weeks. She will not be allowed out to run for 8 weeks. I have seen the xrays of her leg and though there is a slight angle it isnt not as bad as what she was dealing with. Again I thank each and everyone of you. And I'll have you know that this experience has inspired me to study to become a veterinarian.

Just saw this thread - you've done a brilliant job, Jess! (Am I right in assuming that you are Jess, and the dog is Jessie? Sorry if I've got your name wrong! :D )

Did you end up raising the rest of the money? Or are you still paying it off?

Just saw this thread - you've done a brilliant job, Jess! (Am I right in assuming that you are Jess, and the dog is Jessie? Sorry if I've got your name wrong! :D )

Jess doesn't come onto dol often so I will answer for her, the full amount was raised and the surgery is all paid for, Dr.Punke is a very generous and skilfull man, we are so very grateful to him.

A huge thankyou to all who helped make this possible.

Edited by Trishm

Jess doesn't come onto dol often so I will answer for her, the full amount was raised and the surgery is all paid for, Dr.Punke is a very generous and skilfull man, we are so very grateful to him.

A huge thankyou to all who helped make this possible.

Wonderful, thanks Trish :)