Renbury 5...

They're very cute indeed. :D I'd guess by size they will grow to be kelpie/ koolie sized? The ears look a bit koolie to me too...

A lot of GSD x's throw brindle though, so it is not impossible. Cute pups.

But neither the GSD nor the Husky breed have brindle. So if they were a cross of just those two breeds they could not be brindle. GSD crossed with a breed that has brindle can throw brindle, certainly.

Tarqin looks very much like my Pickles when she came into care. I'm thinking these guys are tracking to be about her size when fully grown. Pickles is about 15 kgs and would fall into the 'medium size range.

They really look like Australian working dog type mix to me - definitely nowhere near GSD or Husky size.

T.

Hey T, can I mention the wrist-curl test for Dingos? I'm sure you know it :wink:

I really liked that Tuck/Taaaarrrrck was such a friendly confident smoocher. I don't care about his eye colour, just his waggly white-tipped long tail!

Dingoes apparently are the only dogs that can turn their wrists in a similar way to how we humans do. They also have a different set to their teeth.

Trouble, my BYB Lab from Moree, has a smidge of Dingo in her background, which is evidenced by her wrist movement and different set to her teeth than most Labs - she also has certain behaviours that are VERY Dingo.

Pickles the camp dog has a great set of Dingo teeth and some Dingo mannerisms - I'm sure she would have the wrist movement thing too if she didn't have a disability in her legs that makes checking it impossible.

Tarquin showed off his special wrist movement for you the other day... cool isn't it?

T.

I think there is a fair bit of dingo in there! But to my knowledge there is no way to determine that from external physical attributes, all the dingo id in dog management programs is based on skull morphology and DNA.

Just love Tarquin- stunning eyes, would love to see what they all look like as adults

Well - the little buggers are smart and cunning like Dingoes. They managed to pull all the sides of their pen in today and a couple of them then worked out that they can climb over the top if the corners are just right... and they are only about 7 weeks old!!

Luckily they are contained in the granny flat... it just meant more picking up of poops outside the pen for me... *sigh*

They are still pretty quiet little pups. Only Scout will bark, and it's not the usual puppy style yips and squeaks - she gets such a serious look on her face when she does it too, like "hey, I'm down here, and want picking up and cuddling please!" - cheeky sod! The others will whinge and grizzle if they want to be where I am and they can't get to me, but only Scout has the bark as yet.

Tarquin tries to pull the screen door off if I'm on the other side of it, and he's a lot stronger than he looks.

Fable is the most adventurous of the lot - she will go and check things out on her own happily. She also does the best zoomies.

Nathaniel, Tarquin, and Scout are the smoochy ones - and they let you know in no uncertain terms that it's their turn for a cuddle by either all piling onto your lap at once, or hanging around your feet occasionally jumping up and letting you know they are there.

Tarquin has the waggiest tail.

Theodore is the quietest one and a little timid at first, but once he realises you are the cuddle giver, he warms up to you heaps.

T.

All of them give great kisses...