Heat Pads

juice

I have two Wombaroo heat pads. Good mats, but the heat welded sides are starting to separate. Mind you, they are now 7 years old. Great as they themselves do not get too hot and rely on the baby getting on the mat to heat up to a mild heat to keep them warm.

I LOVE the redlfex ones. Vet Products direct sell them and they are a little bit more expensive than some of the others. They are very solid and the mat is quite thick and durable. They also boast a chew resistant cord coming from the mat for the first 30 cm or so.

My other mat has some little teeth marks in it from when the puppies are older. I am borrowing a friends Redflex large mat at the moment. I have ordered my own as I really love these mats. They operate on the same principle as the Wombaroo ones.

Snook, why not just get Mr. J a snuggly polar fleece coat ? I bought Hamlet one from a DOL'er a couple of years ago.... and it does the trick. he has not much coat at all.. sleeps on a raised stretcher with some blankets and an old pillow , in my room, where the window is pretty much open all year unless there's minus temps.

Edited by persephone

I just spoke to them again and the dimensions for the large oval bed is 50cm x 58cm x 12cm. Not sure how that equates to large but definitely way too small for my boy.

Snook I have a couple of snugglesafes you can borrow to try if you'd like. I really like them - they do the job overnight to use , I doubt they can be chewed and are safe. Very easy to use - just whack them in the microwave and you're done. Give me a hoy if you'd like to try them. BTW $79 seems very expensive to me - if you hunt around you can pick them up for sub $60. I paid about $52 + postage from memory a couple of years ago. :)

I found the Snugglesafe's on Amazon for $27, so going to give them a try for outside kennels and inside they are a bit small though.

:thumbsup: That's a great price Juice - just watch the postage out of the US - they are very heavy. :)