Is There A Staffy Rescue?

Cool thanks. just helped rescue a beautiful staff today. the owner dumped the dog in the middle of my friends obedience class today. i really hope he gets bad karma for treating the dog the way he has. unfortunately her husband has some health issues so we are trying to find him a foster carer or home asap. he already has one obedience title and is one pass from his 2nd. he is a lovely purred staffy and the owner should be banned from owing any pets. it makes me so mad. some people don't deserve pets. We called Arf and Canberra pooch rescue etc but at least for tonight he has a place. what is Raelene username?

Cool thanks. just helped rescue a beautiful staff today. the owner dumped the dog in the middle of my friends obedience class today. i really hope he gets bad karma for treating the dog the way he has. unfortunately her husband has some health issues so we are trying to find him a foster carer or home asap. he already has one obedience title and is one pass from his 2nd. he is a lovely purred staffy and the owner should be banned from owing any pets. it makes me so mad. some people don't deserve pets. We called Arf and Canberra pooch rescue etc but at least for tonight he has a place. what is Raelene username?

try teh breeder of the dog

Spoke to the lady about the Staffy on Sunday but she unfortuntely did not send me the details via email as I asked. I hope the poor darling pooch gets something.

try teh breeder of the dog

Spoke to the lady about the Staffy on Sunday but she unfortuntely did not send me the details via email as I asked. I hope the poor darling pooch gets something.

Thanks guys!

I sent a lengthy email this morning. Apologies for the delay, things have been really crazy!

But my head hasn't exploded yet, so that is a good sign I reckon. :p

Unfortunately, the breeder is up in QLD, so that isn't really an option. Also since the smootchie-pooch (OMG! He is impossible to not fall in love with!) is desexed and 4years old,

I doubt that the breeder wants to pay for the dog being flown back to them.

There is something on the horizon that, if it works out, would be fantastic.

It would be great to have a Plan B (and maybe Plan C) though.....

I absolutely cannot take him, not even foster him.

Hubby and I have been discussing it for days, and there just is no way. :(

Really sucks... *crank* .... I really would prefer to foster him myself to

train him and monitor his progress.

But given the choice between hubby and the smootchiest-pooch-ever, I'll stick with the husband.

For the time being.

And it has been a close call! :rofl:

Unfortunately, the breeder is up in QLD, so that isn't really an option. Also since the smootchie-pooch (OMG! He is impossible to not fall in love with!) is desexed and 4years old,I doubt that the breeder wants to pay for the dog being flown back to them.

'

Have you actually contacted them to ask though?

Being desexed and 4 years old would certainly not stop me from wanting to get a dog back that I bred, even if it meant paying for the flight. I would be incredibly upset if I ever found out that this happened to a dog that I bred, and that the rescue didn't at least ask me if I wanted to help! :(

Has the old owner legally signed over the dog? Rescue will find it hard to help unless this is the case.

The old owner has not reacted to my attempts to get in touch with him so far - but it has only been 3 days.

I talked to DAS, and there are ways and means to 'claim' ownership and get the microchip registration transferred to someone else without any involvement of the present owner (in cases where the owner is reluctant)

This is all new to me - sorting through the process and the paperwork involved. :)

Being desexed and 4 years old would certainly not stop me from wanting to get a dog back that I bred, even if it meant paying for the flight. I would be incredibly upset if I ever found out that this happened to a dog that I bred, and that the rescue didn't at least ask me if I wanted to help! :(

Thanks! Will contact the breeder! :)

Have to admit that I am biased against breeders, so I flatout assumed that someone who sells a puppy to someone thousands of kilometres away without having any idea what the puppy's home will be like is prolly not what I would consider a 'responsible breeder'

But yes, no harm in asking. Thanks for reminding me that my assumptions might very well be wrong. :)

I've sold numerous puppies to long distance homes (WA, NT, SA, Vic) - we may not get to actually meet the new home, but lots of talking and checking still goes on before we sell them one :)

I really hope the breeder will be ethical and take responsibility for the poor love! We bring these souls into the world, and as far as I'm concerned we remain responsible for them for their entire lives.

Any more info on him? Kids, dogs etc etc Photos?

Cheers. :thumbsup:

If you PM me your email addy, I can email you all the info I have.

Just be aware that I am disinclined to let this dog go to anything less than an awesome home. :)

Hi, I'm really shocked about this dog's situation. Could you please keep us informed about what happens to him.

Just wondering if his name starts with an F. I understand if you don't want to say.

Unfortunately, the breeder is up in QLD, so that isn't really an option. Also since the smootchie-pooch (OMG! He is impossible to not fall in love with!) is desexed and 4years old,I doubt that the breeder wants to pay for the dog being flown back to them.

'

x2!!!!!!

Have to admit that I am biased against breeders, so I flatout assumed that someone who sells a puppy to someone thousands of kilometres away without having any idea what the puppy's home will be like is prolly not what I would consider a 'responsible breeder'

But yes, no harm in asking. Thanks for reminding me that my assumptions might very well be wrong. :)

Wow - assumption much?

Unless you know for a fact the dog was sold to these people "sight unseen" how do you know they didn't previously live right next door to the breeder in Queensland and bought the dog then?

I've sold dogs all over Australia and also to the USA, doesn't mean I don't want to know if any of mine are in trouble!

Hope the breeders do the right thing and if not, hope he finds the home he deserves!