Male Dog Wanted - Wonderful Home On Offer

Hi Guys,

I had a lovely lady named Jen and her 2 children aged 10 and about 7? come out today to meet Buddy, the kelpie boy I have in care.

They seemed a really decent family but sadly Buddy was not the dog for them.

Anyways, they asked me to ask around to see whether another rescue has something suitable,

Jen has experience with cattle dogs having owned 2 for many years. She is home most of the time. She works 4 or 5 hrs every 2nd day.

Her 10 yr old has his heart set on a kelpie or kelpie/border collie blend (like our Jaz, they fell in love with her - and wanted to take her :) ). He had his heart set on a kelpie before he got here, hence the reason they came to meet Bud. :o

Jen asked what I think she should do - and should they get a younger pup instead. I told her in my honest opinion, I think she is best off going for something a little older. Around 2-3 yrs old who has been through most of the silly puppy stage and who will be a little more settled, esp around the kids. She agreed. (esp after seeing Jaz and her Son interact the way they did).

They are located in Wahroonga and happy to have a yard check.

I am not sure if anyone has anything suitable, but I can only ask. :)

They are seeking a family dog and prefer a male Kelpie or kelpie/border collie blend or even a lab or lab blend

2-3 yrs though I am sure they are willing to consider a little older or younger if suitable (Jaz is 9 and they were more than happy to take her :) )

They would like a calm, gentle dog who will be good with the kids. She said it is not something she takes lightly and understands dogs are for life. In all honesty, if it had of been a perfect match with Bud, I would of had no hesitations whatsoever sending him to live with them. They are ideal and I have no doubts they'd provide a dog with a wonderful and loving home.

If anyone has a dog in care, who they think might be suitable please PM me/post the details here. Alternatively I can forward Jens no. to you if you like.

Many thanks

Rach :)

Edited by k9angel

Are you sure they wouldn't like a puppy? We have 2 boys and 2 girls here - koolie cross... will be 10 weeks old next Tuesday. Both of the boys are the smoochiest things ever...

http://www.petrescue.com.au/search_by_member/?member=1210

T.

Oh that's right. I forgot about those little cuties T. I just sent her a text and will email her the link now. She did say she was happy to put in the training with a pup and was considering a pup to begin with so you never know. *wink wink*

Thanks heaps. :)

Thanks Rach...

These pups will be pretty easy to toilet train methinks - they tend to potty at the furthest end of their play run... as far away from their eating and play areas as possible. Nice clean little things they are... as well as being very cute and full of smarts...

T.

Edited by tdierikx