Death Of Police Dog Webcke

Boronia

This is just so sad.

RIP Webcke

http://qpsmedia.govspace.gov.au/2012/05/11/death-of-police-dog-webcke-coomera/

It is with great sadness that the Queensland Police Service announces the passing of Police Dog Webcke following an illness.

PD-Webcke-and-SC-Dave-Sampson.jpg

PD Webcke’s handler Sergeant Dave Sampson said PD Webcke was an outstanding police dog who had a high ability coupled with an attitude, drive and love for police work.

“When I was handed Webcke at 11 months of age, I could never have imagined what he was going to achieve during the next five and a half years. I never took him for granted as I knew how blessed I was to have him. I thank the QPS and dog squad for allowing me to be associated with him.” Sergeant Dave Sampson said.

PD Webcke suffered gastric torsion in March of this year and despite surgery and on-going veterinary care, he was unable to recover from complications and the sad decision was made to euthanize him.

Sergeant Sampson and PD Webcke were an outstanding duo who formed a crime fighting partnership that was greatly appreciated by officers throughout the Coomera and Logan police districts and the Gold Coast in general.

“His offender detection rate was always amongst the best in the state and I truly believe that I had not seen his best, as just when I thought I had, he amazed me again in some way.

“My family and I are devastated by his passing and it will be some time before my household returns to normal.”

Edited by Boronia