Doggy Bags As Car Restraints

So I just bought my first small dog (well thats a lie, my first small dog since adult life) a little Griffon.

The big dogs travel in the back, but he cant, and I'm not comfortable with a typical harness or collar style car restraint - particularly while he is still so little. Soooo .... embarrass.gif I don't want to get all 'Paris Hilton' on him, but are there any good 'dog bags' that can be used as a car restraint?

At the moment he is travelling in a crate which gets buckled in but it is highly inconvenient. I'm hoping for a soft mesh type bag that has a connector for the seat belt etc.

The only kind I can find are fashionista handbags a la Paris, or typical soft pack crates but they have no features to double them as a safe car restraint.

Yep Megan thats why I don't like the car restraints for collars. I'm not thrilled with a harness for a similar reason. If (God forbid) we did have an accident, he'd get so flung around with nothing to protect him.

THANK YOU MM!!! That's exactly what I am after biggrin.gif

Yep Megan thats why I don't like the car restraints for collars. I'm not thrilled with a harness for a similar reason. If (God forbid) we did have an accident, he'd get so flung around with nothing to protect him.

THANK YOU MM!!! That's exactly what I am after biggrin.gif

No worries! I used it for a few months, before graduating her to a bigger one without a lid where she could see out the window http://www.mypetwarehouse.com.au/KURGO-SKYBOX-BOOSTER-SEAT-MEDIUM-BLACK-p-11869 (although it wasn't anywhere near that price!)

I just have to add - you're totally allowed to go a bit Paris Hilton if it's your first small dog :laugh: Sometimes you just have to indulge the unearthly desire to put clothes on them or put them in a bag or carry them like a baby... :shhh:

You still have to buckle in a soft crate, so what's the difference?

I would rather a hard crate like a PP20 that will hold it's shape in an accident, then a soft one that will collapse and squash the dog inside.

Thanks Loraine & CW - I will go investigate!

Sway the specific design car travel crates have the belt go through the back, so they don't get 'squashed' at any point - similar to a car seat. I find the seat belt doesn't fit around the hard crate and is more at risk of becoming a danger should there be a serious accident and go flying around the car or out the front windshield.

He doesn't need a 'roll cage' just something to stop him from flying around the car in an accident and restrain him in a way that wont break bones or my face!

I'm really happy with the link MM posted.

Guest donatella

I just have to add - you're totally allowed to go a bit Paris Hilton if it's your first small dog :laugh: Sometimes you just have to indulge the unearthly desire to put clothes on them or put them in a bag or carry them like a baby... :shhh:

You beat me to it :laugh: