Pet Photography Workshop

GregW

Hope I am knot breaking any rules here but thought this would be relevant to those wanting to have a career change or simply just want to know how take better photographs of their dogs.

I am helping out with the promotion of a couple of pet photography workshops to be held in Melbourne in June and September By Shannon Plummer of Wet Nose Fotos.

For those of you who are quite experienced but have many friends always asking for tips and tricks you might want to pass on this

link :thumbsup:

http://www.wetnosefotos.com/pet-photography-workshops/

p.s doggy models on the day are from a rescue org and photos taken on the day will aid their adoption potential.

Edited by GregW

I had a look at it and it seems they also do one on one full day mentoring sessions as well so if you ever plan a trip to Melbourne you could always try and book one for while you're over there. :)

Has anyone ever done this sort of workshop/mentoring program before?

As much as I would love to do it, I think my husband would kill me for spending that much on it. It looks awesome but way out of our current budget. I hadn't seen the price when I posted before - had I seen it I probably would have said would love to do it if I had lots of money to burn.

I do want to do a course of some sort. My Dad did the WEA 1 late last year but from chatting to him it doesnt seem they did much that I dont already know, except for the night time outing. But night photos are not really my thing. Other that it was very basic.

I would love to but WOW it's expensive!!!! I've never done one so I dont know, is that a pretty average cost for a workshop? so if she fills the course she'll make $21,000 for 2 days work. That's more than a years income for me. :laugh:

Edited by Kirislin

I would love to but WOW it's expensive!!!! I've never done one so I dont know, is that a pretty average cost for a workshop? so if she fills the course she'll make $21,000 for 2 days work. That's more than a years income for me. :laugh:

I suppose it looks good on paper, but then I am guessing the 2 days booking of the conference room, catering, insurances, course guide production time , printing , GST etc takes off the edge.

This is probably why all you photographers charge a bomb!! :laugh:

Edited by GregW

actually I remember reading an article in a PPA magazine about 4 years ago that said the new money to be made in photogrpahy, given everyone and their dog was going to buy digital SLR's and think that made them as good as a pro, would be teaching workshops to people, and making money out of other wannabe photographers. Have seen this trend just keep growing and growing over the last last 4 years, with people making actions and selling them, people making templates and selling them, and people running workshops and selling them. The only thing I would suggest when planning one is to check the credentials of those running it - how long have they been in business, what is their experience, and what are you getting out f it that you couldn't find by doing some searching online yourself. For a 2 day workshop, that price would be consistent with what I have paid a top level pro from overseas, but I would always first investigate what I wanted to get out of it, how it was going to improve what I was doing, and whether it filled any needs I had that I could not just fill in gaps by googling