Appa - Livestream Of The Judging

Linda K

Room 4, documentary, slide the bar about 3/4ish to the right - I should have grabbed the time code for you...let me see if I can find it again...

1:40

73 73 75 75 60 were the scores

Edited by kja

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I knew what you meant ;) It would have been nice to get feedback, but they weren't offering feedback on a lot of images - even ones that scored well. They just scored it and moved on usually.

It has been interesting to watch the tidbits I've popped in for, glad you all put the link up :)

But when there is such a huge difference in scores, it would be nice for the people who poured everything into their images to be told why. There was barely any comments at QPPA too. I think it sucks a bit, that's all.

Anyway, settling down to watch portrait now :)

I agree, especially when scores are so different! But then again, with the way some of those judges rambled on about some of the images they'd be there for a month :eek:

They have seemed to do it when there was a similar disparity but with slightly higher marks. Dunno, you'll have to ask Alicia how they decide what to talk about and what not to talk about. I get the impression they spend more time with images that are close to gaining an award and those that aren't close don't get much attention. Which I guess makes sense as the judges aren't there to teach exactly so the limited time they do have to offer feedback is presumably considered best used on those images are just about but not quite there.

Do you have any idea what room your images are in? I figure it's random but I'd like to see yours!!

Yeah, I agree with you, just feeling a tad bitter, as 60 is under professional standard.

No idea what room I'm in. Will attempt to keep an eye on all three (when it eventually starts!).

One of the hardest things to do, imho, is put personal feelings aside and judge on merits. I'm glad I don't have to look at all of these prints and judge them!

BTW - what score is professional level, huga?

Edited by kja

With my QPPA prints, I just got them back with the score on the back. So I'm assuming the same thing is done with APPA. No comments or feedback.

But yes, letting go of personal preferences and seeing an image differently is so tough.