Appa - Livestream Of The Judging

Linda K

For anyone interested, Asukabook who sponsor this event, are hosting a livestream of the judging, so if you can't get to the PMA digital show this weekend, you can still watch the judging. Worth listening to the comments as they go along, no idea if they will have the chat room at the same time, as they are always fun to sit in, so it is like you are watching with friends. The link to watch is auskabook.appa12.com.au and judging commences 9am to around 6pm on Friday, Saturday & Sunday

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nope, I chicken out when I see these comps, as I know that my stuff is just not to that level of awesomeness that the gold and silver are, but one day I might just get up the nerve to enter

I've been watching a bit of it and frankly, I don't get some of the entries - the wouldn't have made my first cull much less taken my time to tweak them and enter them!

For every great image there seem to be 7 meh ones. There have been some outstanding images in the little I've seen, though. The wedding pj seems to be harsher judging than the portrait environmentals.

what have you got entered, Huga?

Edited by kja

The judging is really interesting to watch. I will say that it's completely different in person and sometimes images that look a bit blah on screen, look amazing in print. There were (and always is) images that I just understand how they scored well, and there were images that should have scored much higher. Comparing a silver from someone and then looking at another that also scored silver is very eye opening.

Anyway, I have one in documentary and two in portrait (open), so mine haven't been judged yet.

Thanks. They are the same images I entered in QPPA and only one scored a silver, so will be interesting to see how they compare.

Edited by huga

good luck to you and everyone today with the judging. Let us know how you all go, it is very exciting. I went to the PMA yesterday but by the time we got to the judging there was really just landscape judging on so didn't watch much. We also bumped into another photographer friend who has work in today so it is a bummer I cant really sit and watch as I have too much editing to do.

A friend who I have done the occasional bit of work for is going to join the AIPP so she will be showing her portfolio to me before she submits it for any ideas so that will be fun as I love looking at her photos.

For myself at this stage I haven't been in the game for 2 years to be a full member so would have to be emerging, but might consider it one of these days. I know there is one local guy who would probably be a mentor that is fabulous, he is a landscape photographer but with heaps of info that anyone can use.

Edited by helen

I have no idea how I went! I didn't get to watch the judging because I was out.

This was the image though (in case anyone saw it):

webdsc48741338076946.jpg

It scored a 77 at QPPA.

So impressed that you are watching the judging again, Pheebs :D