Pin Brushes

Thanks for the info espinay2. Those CC Fusion pins do look good & I love the pink one :laugh: I have a Les pooch Brush & absolutely love it. Is is my workhorse too. I use it then a pin, then go over with a

metal comb to get all the loose hair off each day. I had a Lawrence slicker previously as well, not a patch on the Les P though. Pricey but well worth the extra IMHO :thanks:

Beautiful dogs by the way espinay2. Just had a pick browse on your site. Just lovely & their coats are awesome.

Edited by BC Crazy

Thanks for the info espinay2. Those CC Fusion pins do look good & I love the pink one :laugh: I have a Les pooch Brush & absolutely love it. Is is my workhorse too. I use it then a pin, then go over with a

metal comb to get all the loose hair off each day. I had a Lawrence slicker previously as well, not a patch on the Les P though. Pricey but well worth the extra IMHO :thanks:

Beautiful dogs by the way espinay2. Just had a pick browse on your site. Just lovely & their coats are awesome.

Thank you :flower: :D

You sound like you use your brushes in a similar manner to me - at least in way you use them (though I don't do this every day....)

IMO if you like the Les Poochs, you should also like the CC Fusion :)

Yep - my bent pins one is a CC Gold Fusion - near enough to $100 :( I was really pleased with it till the pins started bending.

Lawrence - that's the brand of my good slicker. And the other, which is OK is Gripsoft.

BC Crazy - the things I've found that make grooming with my agility girl a bit less stressful - using the spray prep on the coat so it's not bone dry to start - the good pin brush - and the rotating tooth comb. Oh and doing her at waist eight on teh trolley (outdoor table is OK too.) Mind you, she still hides if she thinks I'm having evil grooming thoughts LOL. Rory is generally OK cos as an occasional show dog he gets done more often - and has been since he was little.

For me, I use a Wig Brush. You will find the PP black pin brush is a Wig Brush with a PP sticker on it. You can buy it online for $11 here .

Originally I could buy them for $5 each (about 6 years ago), and for $50 I could get a box of 10 which meant that if a pin went in or bent, I could just pull out a new brush. The other benefit was not worrying if I left it at a show or it walked off.

Found the brushes for $6.50 here.

Yep - my bent pins one is a CC Gold Fusion - near enough to $100 :( I was really pleased with it till the pins started bending.

Lawrence - that's the brand of my good slicker. And the other, which is OK is Gripsoft.

BC Crazy - the things I've found that make grooming with my agility girl a bit less stressful - using the spray prep on the coat so it's not bone dry to start - the good pin brush - and the rotating tooth comb. Oh and doing her at waist eight on teh trolley (outdoor table is OK too.) Mind you, she still hides if she thinks I'm having evil grooming thoughts LOL. Rory is generally OK cos as an occasional show dog he gets done more often - and has been since he was little.

Thanks Tassie. Thats why I thought I'd ask about the CC pins before I brought one. They are expensive. I do always use some sort of prep spray before I do anything. I have always groomed both of mine from day one & every day.

Sonny loves it & as soon as he sees the grooming bag come out, he is runs up to me & will stand there for ever if need be. Stella just hates & always has. She used to give a few growls & lips curls when I first started grooming

her at 12 weeks, little bugger :o but now she just rolls her eyes at me, "are you done yet" :laugh:

I am saving for a grooming table ATM. There is one on Ebay I like $270 that looks OK. Our outside table is glass so I am reluctant to put either of them up there. I did when they were little though. I am having back issues

& am pretty sure it's from all the bending over for extended periods of time. Not as young as I used to be :laugh:

For me, I use a Wig Brush. You will find the PP black pin brush is a Wig Brush with a PP sticker on it. You can buy it online for $11 here .

Originally I could buy them for $5 each (about 6 years ago), and for $50 I could get a box of 10 which meant that if a pin went in or bent, I could just pull out a new brush. The other benefit was not worrying if I left it at a show or it walked off.

Found the brushes for $6.50 here.

Gee Lowenhart they are a great price, aren't they? They look exactly as the as PP your right. Many thanks for that :)

Another vote for PP black brushes here. I like them so much I use them on my own hair as well.

I used to use the PSI pin brushes, I believe the prestige brushes are the same.

I have had #1 All Systems, CC, Madan and a few other pin brushes but keep coming back to the PP brushes.

For slicker brushes, I like Doggyman (which are getting harder to source I believe) and I love, love, LOVE my Les Pooches.

Quick up date regarding trying to find a pin brush I like. Yes well, I brought 2 PP pin brushes, one 20 & the other 27m pins & I don't like either of them :o they are way to firm for my liking &

I found them not very comfortable to hold at all. I attempted to start to brush Sonny,didn't last 5 seconds with it & went to my old pin. I don't know it must be just me :crazy: So if anyone is in the market for a new PP pin

brush or 2 feel free to pm me. They will be going for a bit cheaper otherwise they will just be sitting in the cupboard. I would rather someone get some use out of them.

So back to the drawing board for me :laugh: Next I might try the new Lazorlites pinbrush, see how we go.

Edited by BC Crazy

I don't like pin brushes at all on Borders. The only brushes I have needed for over 25 years on show dogs with huge coats, are a Mason Pearson Bristle/Nylon bought in 1985 and still going strong, plus a soft slicker for legs and occasially stripping tangles. I also use a Collie Comb with metal teeth widely set into a wooden handle and have a double sided finer comb that is rarely used.

Peters of Kensington are usually the best price for Mason Pearson brushes. The one I have is called the "Popular".

To strip behind the ears, either just pull it out a few hairs at a time or buy a really cheap, one sided stripping knife. The expensive ones are super sharp and much harder to use without leaving cut marks when you are only tidying up, not stripping a whole coat.

Edited to add that I now have a really efficient way of stripping dead coat from the ears. Just buy a Jap Spitz puppy and the Border's ears will be neat in no time with the JS hanging off them. :rofl:

Edited by dancinbcs

Edited to add that I now have a really efficient way of stripping dead coat from the ears. Just buy a Jap Spitz puppy and the Border's ears will be neat in no time with the JS hanging off them. :rofl:

Tilba knows that method well. :laugh: