Behaviourist Recommendation Please

Hi Guys,

Wondering if someone can please make some recommendations for a trainer/behaviourist in Ballarat.

I'm having ongoing troubles with Lucy (Great Dane) and the little bugger is really trying my patience. We're considering starting a family in the next year or so and just need to make sure I can control some seriously undesirable behaviours.

It's a horrible thing to say as I love Lucy dearly, but there are days that I really don't like her all that much - I need someone to help me work with her to work on our bond together as I'd say 70% of the behaviours she's displaying are a result of my inability to be firm with her in the early days and establish some form of leadership over her and it's come back to bite me in the arse.

Thanks all! :thumbsup:

Edited by Pheebs

Seconded for Nekhbet - I hear good stuff... :thumbsup:

Also, knowing a few more details with Lucy, it wouldn't hurt you to consider the ideas of Jan Fennel on Amichien Bonding - her stuff is positive and it works - to be honest I'm not altogether convinced that her reasoning is always spot on but that doesn't matter, because her methods do work. I prefer to use TOT rather than her feeding method, but the basic principle is the same, and just pick the bits that work for you. I can loan you my rather battered copy of her first book if you like. Just let me know.:)