Local Dog Catcher

Riddick

Today a dog that is actually owned by a person up the street got taken away by the dog catcher.

The dog was reported by someone who we know and has and will report anything at the drop of a hat.

But this was not the case here. It had to be done and yes I feel sorry for the dog as it is the loser here.

To put you in the story.

New people have moved in across the street from us and they came from a lot of space to a normal backyard.

And the place they moved into has got some really good fencing but some that is really too low.

The dog they arrived with is a female Boxer/Bullmastiff.

And there has not been a day that this dog has not been roaming the streets.

The the dog that got taken away somehow had got out of his yard.

He normally is only ever seen with his owner and it has to be this new dog that has got his interest going.

He has now also been roaming each and everyday also.

He is a Mastiff/? and friendly to boot.

Well last night he was out in front of our place just giving out a bark every 10 or so seconds as to tell the girl to come on out and play.

I never heard it but the wife did as did the person who made the phone call.

So I think fair enough as they both had to work that morning and to listen to this isn't fair.

Then this morning he was back out there at 9.30am or close to it.

I heard this woof then 10 seconds later another. I went out to see this male out the front doing the barking.

I told it to go home and it move but came right back.

The call was made and this dog just happened to be out in the middle of the road.

The dog catcher drove past it then back up our street and parked where the dog actually lives.

He got dog and gestured to the dog to go to him and it did.

It was in the back of the Van and then he went to the people with the other female dog.

I think this was to tell them that they must keep their dog locked up.

Well that was the story to why this all had happened.

I should say that both these dogs are friendly but roaming dogs you just never know.

I don't get what the problem is :confused:

The dog catcher should pick up any dog that is outside it's owner's property. If the owners want it back they need to pay a fine. It makes no difference if the dog is friendly or not, big or small, it should not be roaming loose. The dog catcher cannot be everywhere at once so they rely on people calling to let them know about dogs at large.

I am not sure what the point is either in this post :confused:, but I wish there were more rangers around doing their job & fining these irresponsible owners for letting their dogs roam the street & spoil it all for others that wish to walk their dogs in safety & without stress.

OK so there was a roaming dog, even though friendly the ranger is still doing their job.

Do the owners know that their dog has been picked up? If they've just moved, they may not have updated the chip details and may not have been in touch with council. I'd let them know so they can pick up their dog rather than it spend time in the pound.

The dog should be o.k. :) His owners will most likely pick him up and have learnt a lesson about keeping him better confined.

Sounds like him and the other dog have developed a nice friendship though :)

This wasn't a story about it being a problem more so that this is coming after the W.A thing.

This is a big dog and even being a friendly dog there was always the threat that he could turn nasty and the size of him made it a real threat.

We were happy to see the ranger get here as quick as he did.

The owner has always had dogs that have roamed the streets and his last ones were Red Heeler who had bite a few people.

But somehow he got away with it.

His new dog which he took in as it was a pup roaming the main street for about a week.

So he done the nice thing and took him in. I don't know if he has been desexed.

Though we are thinking he hadn't as he was calling the new girl in the street which is right across from us.

They as far as we think got a warning about their dogs roaming.

But this is the new dog to the street and has to be the one that got all this going.

So it wasn't as people think a problem as such more of what had happened here.

As quite a few of us down our end of the street are happy to finally see him having to be more responsible.

Apparently he pick his dog up at 7am and at 2 pm he was taken by the dog catcher.

So he knew of the problem but done nothing about it.

A fine for him finally to.

His new dog which he took in as it was a pup roaming the main street for about a week.

So he done the nice thing and took him in. I don't know if he has been desexed.

It is not a nice thing for people to take in stray dogs! They need to handed over incase their real owners are looking for them!

So it wasn't as people think a problem as such more of what had happened here.

As quite a few of us down our end of the street are happy to finally see him having to be more responsible.

Apparently he pick his dog up at 7am and at 2 pm he was taken by the dog catcher.

So he knew of the problem but done nothing about it.

I don't think that picking the dog up at 7am after it was collected the afternoon before shows that he wasn't doing anything about it. I think that's a fairly reasonable timeframe actually, especially when we have no idea about his other commitments.

This is a big dog and even being a friendly dog there was always the threat that he could turn nasty and the size of him made it a real threat.

We were happy to see the ranger get here as quick as he did.

The owner has always had dogs that have roamed the streets and his last ones were Red Heeler who had bite a few people.

I agree with you that roaming dogs are very annoying and shouldn't be happening.

Why did the ranger not do anything about the dog who actually bit people when they seemed to be very prompt about solving this situation.

I would be more worried about a dog that was actually aggressive than a dog that was bigger but had always shown itself to be friendly.

When he had the Heelers was a long while ago so maybe new control officers, I really don't know.

But I know a few people did file complaints about his dogs at that time but for some reason he always got the dogs out of his place when they went to see him.

We all think that he has someone in the council feeding him the info, and this might have been why he did get awya with it.

But it is only a guess.

And him coming down the road at 7 am then taking him back home and failing to lock him away as he was out once more was purely him being unresponsible.

His favourite thing to do and the most important thing we all think is most important is his grog.

He will walk the dog off lead all the time with a beer in hand every night.

Well the dog is getting a walk so that has to be a plus.

It isn't too hard to keep a dog behind a fence as the rest of the street can do it.

And the rest of the street also clean up after their own dogs, as this is the other side of these dogs roaming.

But is it the dog across the road or his dog. Both are big so it would be hard to lay the blame on only one.