Photo Finish

tlc

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CM haven't seen you about latley, how's all your crew going? I miss seeing their photos in the 52 weeks. Hope your all well.

yeh sorry, I've been stolen by flickr so tend to spend my internet/photo time there, I check in here now'n'again

crew has changed a fair bit, as you may remember lost Texas early last year, then in December we lost old Jamie girl :(

I started a 52 Weeks project with Chester (with an out'n'about theme) then I found out he had a slipped disc in his neck which required many many weeks of rest, and he's only just come out of a surgery that should help, next week he gets to go on short walks again finally, so regretfully abandoned the weekly shots.

Been taking weekly photos of Lotus with a "toy" theme ... but the big news is big baby puppy Saxon (german shepherd), he's keeping me very busy! He is almost 6 months old now and bigger than Lotus and Chester already :)

:cry: RIP sweet Jamie, I do remember when you lost Texas, aweful to lose two so close together!

Poor Chester, hope he is feeling much better soon! Big :hug: For him!

:eek: New puppy and 6 months old, how exciting, any pics? You kept that quiet. :laugh: look forward to seeing Saxon!

Edited by tlc

Thanks for that info tlc. Will definitely be watching it!

CM, sorry to hear about Jamie. Hope you are doing OK.

Also hope Chester makes a speedy recovery. And looking forward to seeing photos of Saxon!

I'm loving it already!

Don't know. I did miss the first five minutes. But I did think they would be competent, what I've seen they don't know which way is up, either with lighting or exposure. But will keep on with it and see. Dick Smith knows more than they do so far. You'd think they'd have done a bit of homework or something, even just on posing, control of subject, putting them at ease or giving them confidence instead of the subjects taking over, taking control. Quite strange. But results might not reflect what I'm seeing, they could be brilliant.

Anyone else - before it gets more towards finished?

I don't know what redangel looks like? I think it said she was from the central coast and it's funny at the time but I thought it would be funny if there was a DOLer involved in the show, there is a lot of very keen photographers here. What did you think of it?

I'm so jelly, I love Vince and want to practise making babies with him :laugh: It wasn't bad and I am happy to hear a bit of advice on portraits as it's not something I've done and am launching into it. Once they get over the stress of the shoot they'll probably look back and think they should have made more of having a medium format in their hands!

Whew, I was tense for the whole half hour imaging what it would be like finding out what your assignment is then just having 30 minutes to get a handle on all that equipment before your subject arrives. Making a connection with the subject and taking control of the shoot would be really difficult in those circumstances I reckon. Snook, I agree that it would have been good if the show was longer and a bit more informative - even if they just ran through what each of the lights were and how they should be used would have been great. Still, hats off to the competitors, they did really well.

Oh, Reverend Jo - is it bad of me to tell you that I live about 20 minutes walk away from Vince?!