Photo Finish

tlc

I thought tonights was better than anything previously shown :p

Loved the Holgas. A while ago I went to the local op shop and picked up the three most plastic-y cameras I could find ($2 ea, the woman at the counter thought I was nuts) and I do use them every now and then.

Thought the image that won was good, preferred the one with the man and the book though.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought tonights was better than anything previously shown :p

Loved the Holgas. A while ago I went to the local op shop and picked up the three most plastic-y cameras I could find ($2 ea, the woman at the counter thought I was nuts) and I do use them every now and then.

Thought the image that won was good, preferred the one with the man and the book though.

You took the works out of my mouth Huga!

I agree by far the best show so far. Also agree with your image choice, I like the winning shot, but the man with the book was my pick.

I have a Holga myself and double exposures can be great fun and can sometimes look amazing, really disliked the one she picked though.

I wish they would show more of the other shots they took, I guess they do throughout the show but at the end it would be good if it showed which other pics they were deciding on. I might be completely dumb but if they were film how were they looking at them on the pc, unless they got them developed and scanned them to the computer?

first time have agreed with the shot they picked as winner, although agree would have been better if the horse was just a step or 2 closer, loved the shot of the guy but thought if there had been a horse in that would have been far better. Thought the double exposed shot looked more like accident than deliberate, and she really looked like she had no idea what she was doing. And what was she thinking taking shots of the ceiling thing - how on earth was that gong to convey a day at the races (guess the same way a kid tying a tie meant a wedding, when he could have been tying a tie for anything - a funeral, a first date, going out to a dress up function - not just a wedding!!)

I agree Linda, I thought for a minute the girl taking the shots of the roof was going to use it as her final shot :eek: It definatley would not have portrayed a day at the races! I am quite enjoying the show, look forward to next week.

I liked the one they picked the best too and I think the girl who shot it was the least confident.

What was the camera? I must have missed it at the start, I thought it looked like a Canon but couldn't be sure.

Just finished watching TLC :)

The winning image was my fave.

The others never seemed to include enough of the model in the picture.

agreed. They had all that stuff to work with as well they didn't include. Thought the one would have worked better if they had included more of the Vespa.

looked like a lot of fun though.

Assignment is PJ and subject dogs so could be good watching.

Edit to add it's broader than that and more of a challenge than any previous asks on the personal not just camera skills side.

And the good Leica - I had one of these - yummo!!

Edited by PossumCorner

Bumma, I missed the start, wonder if it is repeated later on abc 1?

just found the guide it is repeated in the morning at 11.00am. :thumbsup:

Edited by tlc

Dunno sorry, I usually don't bother checking until the next day. I had suggested it before I saw your edit so there may no point if its on in the morning. smile.gif

Edited by Cat