Shameless Brage

The Standard Poodles & I had a wonderful Queens Birthday weekend

My baby girl "ROXY", completed her Rally O Novice title with a sore of 100 & 1st Place on Saturday morning

THEN, on Saturday afternoon, she got her 1st Qualifying Pass in UD, with a 1st Place, just 8 months after completing her Novice Obedience title

"VIOLET", won 1st Place in Advanced Rally, on Saturday morning, with 99 points & then won 1st Place, in Open Obedience, on Monday with 196 points

I LOVE RALLY! It is so much fun!

post-39698-0-82097400-1339746868_thumb.jpg

:thumbsup::thumbsup: Great brags. Agree about Rally - my agility/tracking girl likes it a lot - and she doesn't "do" obedience :D

Guess your kids are a great example of the fact that Rally isn't going to adversely affect their tradiitional obedience - the opposite if anything. :D

The Standard Poodles & I had a wonderful Queens Birthday weekend

My baby girl "ROXY", completed her Rally O Novice title with a sore of 100 & 1st Place on Saturday morning

THEN, on Saturday afternoon, she got her 1st Qualifying Pass in UD, with a 1st Place, just 8 months after completing her Novice Obedience title

"VIOLET", won 1st Place in Advanced Rally, on Saturday morning, with 99 points & then won 1st Place, in Open Obedience, on Monday with 196 points

I LOVE RALLY! It is so much fun!

I think you have every right to brag :laugh: Congrats :thumbsup:

:thumbsup::thumbsup: Great brags. Agree about Rally - my agility/tracking girl likes it a lot - and she doesn't "do" obedience :D

Guess your kids are a great example of the fact that Rally isn't going to adversely affect their tradiitional obedience - the opposite if anything. :D

I think RALLY O., is the most positively encouraging event, to happen to Obedience in a very long time!

By it's very nature, it encourages handlers and dogs to train in small increments, the moves required for every level of Obedience.

It is not easier, just more natuaral and less intimidating.

The courses change at every trial which is mentally stimulating & fun & may also assist one in getting used to walking & analyzing an Agility course.

Handlers can praise & encourage their dogs, and move more naturally,.

Handlers can ask for a retry, if needed, which is much more affirming of one's ability to carry out the exercise.

The judge is observing, but not giving direct orders and is usually not as close to the dog/handler physically, as they would be in Obedience

Therefore, although RALLY O., requires all the training for Obedience, it allows handlers and dogs to begin to show off their dogs, in competition, in a less intimidating, more natural way.