Looking For Older Medium-sized Dog

I've had an enquiry from an older couple who recently lost their 15yo kelpie X. Their other kelpie x is fretting and they want a friend for him. They are retired and home much of the time, dogs sleep in the laundry with a dog door, have morning time cuddles on the bed. The would prefer a dog similar to the age of their current dog (11yrs) that is in good health. Catch is they do not drive, so dog can't be too far away.

Anyone know of anything?

R

They said that they have already been in touch with the RSPCA and that there was nothing suitable available (needs to be able to be a companion to another dog). Unfortunately neither of them drive, so makes rescuing from a shelter out of the local area difficult.

Thanks for trying. Anyone have any other idea?

R

How about one of these ?? Free on all Classifieds.. Would help with transport if needed.

Greyhounds Requiring A New Loving HomePrice: $ –

Mobile: 0408497191

Phone: 0408497191

I have two retired greyhounds needing a new home. both a very lovable and are great with kids as they have been brought up with my kids around them all the time. one is a black female of about 26kg and the other is a fawn male of about 38kg. they are brother and sister litter mates and would be happy if you wanted them both, but i am just as happy to split them up as long as we can find them a loveing home. both are very affectionate, smart, loveing, kind and loyal dogs that would suit either a family, a couple or a single person.

OR

Jack RUSSELLPrice: $ Free

Mobile: 0409378606

Female, desexed 7y Great with childern

Think the greyhounds are great for retired people.. great smoochers and usually VERY clean.. Will happily drive people to look at dogs if needed too.. :D

Doggie Rescue in Sydney has a lovely 10 or 11 yr old Black Lab cross girl who comes housetrained, lovely with other dogs etc. I'm just wondering if someone might be prepared to drive her down to meet them and can enquire if you think this might be of interest to them. Obviously they'd need to see some pics first.

DR have several dogs that fit what they are looking for, such a shame they are so far away.

What about Lizzie??

Lizzie's an affectionate old duck who just adores being around company. She's 10 years old and her favourite thing to do to push her head into your lap for a snuggle. Lizzie's the perfect companion dog. When you arrive home from work she greets you with her very special 'song'. It's quite hilarious!

Lizzie's struggling a little with her eyesight and gets alarmed with sharp movements. She can flinch when you unexpectedly reach out to touch her head, but when she realises you're reaching out to pat her she gets so excited she presses her head into your hand. Her tail does helicopter circles around and around and she tries to crawl closer into your lap. Her eyesight does mean that she startles at loud noises and barks when she can't work out what's going on. We've also started Lizzie on some arthritis medication, which seem to be working (judging by the thieving of my chocolate cake the other day off the kitchen bench!)

Lizzie has fantastic food manners and is great around young children. She doesn't get in your way, she doesn't require a lot of exercise and is the perfect dog to snuggle up to in Winter. She needs company throughout the day, so a family who spends a lot of time at home would be best for her.

This beautiful dog has charmed her way into her foster families heart, we're confident that she will do the same to you, given half a chance! Lizzie is located in Canberra and is available for interstate adoption. Lizzie comes desexed, microchipped, vaccinated, heartworm and intestinal worm treated with a ton of love and a gorgeous smile for the right family for a donation to Labrador Rescue. Interested in adopting Lizzie? Please register your interest by filling out the adoption application form.