Tplo Surgery

Yep all went well and she is now home drugged off her face and snoozing in her crate. She has Metacam and Tramal on board so is seeing pink elephants I think!

He said it went well, her joint looked good and her tendon was quite damaged and would of snapped in time.

He also said she was the smallest dog he had done a TPLO on, her little bones look so fine on the xray :)

He also said her skin was very fine and to make sure she did not annoy the sutures as there was such a fine layer over the plate.

So fingers crossed all goes well and she is back to sound after her 8 weeks recovery etc. Then there will be no more going lame, being locked up etc etc.

Will try to get some photos later

Rommi slept really well, didn't hear a peep put of her all night - same can't be said for the bloody cat!!!!

She ate a small amount of tea, then slept with her snugglesafe disk. This morning she was much brighter, went out to the toilet, came in had a small amount of lactose free milk and some soft food with more space cadet pills :)

Gotta love Vetbed, had some over her blankets incase she pee'd as she was too sore to want to toilet when I took her out last night. She pee'd in her bed but the Vetbed was as dry as dry, with all the moisture going through to the blanket underneath.

So even though she had pee'd I had a nice warm and dry puppy dog this morning.

She isn't even thinking about touching it down as yet - the vet said she might - but considering how soft Whippets are I think she is handling it all very well. I think she is going to end up with some rather full on clipper rash though, she has little nicks out of some of the corners! It is hard with such fine skin, but she has a few nicks.

Edited by OSoSwift