Odd Wee Situation..

minimiss

My little 9 month old Pomeranian is wonderfully toilet trained (99% of the time). Today I was undressed and was standing in the middle of the bathroom untying my hair and I felt warm liquid on my leg/foot... As I looked down I saw a little furball cocking his leg and weeing on my leg :laugh:

He's never done this before, and he's pretty toilet trained so what could be the reason for this?

Damn teenagers, I'm never having real children!

Real children teens don't usually pee on your leg though :p

Start him on toilet training manners..especially toilet on command!! take him out frequently .. when you see him sniff/lift his leg/pee, use a word (you are comfortable using in public) ..maybe 'quick', or 'busy'... then praise him. Continue using JUST this word (no other conversation) when he is peeing ..then praise.

Move on to using that word when he looks as if he wants to go ..then praise..

after some time ..take him somewhere you KNOW he will want to pee ..and, before he starts..use 'the' word. then praise when he does it .

I know what I would have done to the little monster if he had been mine. I have never had one of my male dogs pee on me inside or out and they would have been harshly punished if they had dared to mark me. This isn't a toilet training lapse. Your dog marked you.

Guest donatella

Ha! The little bugger! Well that explains it.. Damn teenagers, I'm never having real children! :laugh:

After having Lucy go through the NIGHTMARE FROM HELL chewing stage teenage phase that has now all but GONE :dancingelephant: :dancingelephant: :dancingelephant: :dancingelephant: :dancingelephant: :dancingelephant: :dancingelephant: :dancingelephant: :dancingelephant: I am convinced Poms go through a very very very naughty stage before they hit 12 months. I hope you roused on him in a gruff NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Edited by donatella

Pomeranians REALLY go through a devil stage! It started last month.. He seems to be following in Lucy's footsteps Donatella :rofl:

It didn't seem like the usual squirt 'marking' , it was actual wee... If that makes any difference.. Looks like it's back to some strict parenting. I keep telling him he's lucky he's cute!