Dog Dryers Recommendations

Use and love my pupkus force 2.

ETA: Matnewf; I have Australian Shepherds (double coated like a newfie) and I dry them with my pupkus force 2.

I've also used it with success on a Saint Bernard who stayed with us for a couple of months.

Edited by Parkeyre

I am well aware of the Pupkus range of dryer as I have repaired all of them at some stage.

You haven't repaired my Pupkus :laugh: . It has been going strong every day for about four years now.

What model do you have? Edited by poodle3081

Everyone has their favourites, I like the Pupkus Force 4 Double Motor Dryer for coats like the Sibes and for partially drying the Poodles then my Beacon stand dryer for finishing the fluff drying on the Poodles.

The Double K Airmax is a twin motor unit and used by Hydrodog as it tested to be the most powerful on the market. The Pupkus dryer is made in China and only has one motor and best suited for smaller breeds.

Pupkus have a range of dryers not just one including twin 2400 watt motors. :)

When comparing dryers, disregard the watt rating as it is usually a made up figure. Oldfield and Double K dryers have a current rating which is measure of their true power. Generally dryers made in China have a watt rating on them and I have even seen dryers on eBay with 3000W on the label.

The maximum current draw a dryer here can have is 10Amps for a standard power outlet, and from a technical point of view for the type of motor the power consumption is well under 2400W. Unfortunately the authorities here do not police the nameplate labelling.

Thank you everyone for there opinion and suggestions they have been greatly appreicated in my decision in picking a dryer and coming to the result of buying a oldfields dryers.

Good choice, you won't be disappointed. I've treated mine dreadfully and used it commercially. I've had it for about 14 years and only a few months ago it needed a new switch! Was about $10 :laugh:

Thank you everyone for there opinion and suggestions they have been greatly appreicated in my decision in picking a dryer and coming to the result of buying a oldfields dryers.

One of the best on the market. If you want power go for the LD2000.