Focus On Focus

tlc

I can't remember looking at them and going geez these are all crap :laugh: I'm about to throw my bike in the bushes and have a massive childish tanty because it takes so long for my pc to do my stitching and my 50mm prime has done something funky and I CAN'T STAND IT WHEN I'M ANNOYED AND TECHNOLOGY MAKES IT WORSE!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, there is a separate sharpening slider in LR.

I personally use an action I have made in photoshop for sharpening quite often as it just works for my needs and I don't have to think about it. I haven't played with the LR4 sharpening too much because in the early versions it was crap, but I have heard good things about it in the new versions - I'm just too lazy to learn something new :eek: .

Do you find with an action that it always works for every photo? Is it easy to make an action? Is it like making a preset?

I got my new lens today the Sigma 17-70, got it just before I went to work and got him just as the sun was going own. :( Managed to snap a few shots, they are reduced in size so don't look half as good as they do full size but Ill post them here, I feel they are pretty good focus wise but will see what you guys think.

759dba56.jpg

this ones a bit noisy I had the ISO up quite high as it was getting dark.

9e4fbf24.jpg

953daf76.jpg

Showing off for the camera.

d57cd7cc.jpg

So far so good hopefully tomorrow will be a nice day and I can shoot something interesting after work, not sure what yet!

I love that sky! I like the sound of the 17-70 lens :)

I can't wait to give it a better work out hopefully tomorrow, it has a funny sound in it when it focuses kind of like a bird chirping, :laugh: hope its not a dodgy one!

Focus looks ok on my screen and I just had a thought, you need to get a wind machine for your dogs for shoots, it would be awesome!

:laugh: its funny and I will have to see if I can find it, I took a picture of the four of them at the beach one day and it was soooo windy, there ears and faces were just ferrel, it was the funniest photo.

Focus looks ok on my screen and I just had a thought, you need to get a wind machine for your dogs for shoots, it would be awesome!

:thumbsup: :laugh: couldn't you just see it. Work it baby, little supermodels.

I think they already think they are supermodels, especially the girls, they see the camera and come running. :laugh: Cooper couldn't care less about the camera and Bronson just tells me off, I think thats what he is doing in the picture with his eyes shut!

I haven't used it enough yet to notice, have you noticed a noise like a squeak, bird chirpy sort of noise when it focuses, it doesn't do it all the time only when it is trying really hard to focus on something that isn't really clear to it, if that makes sense. I think CC has the same lens too wonder if use has noticed it. It also does a quiet kind of chug chug noise when it is focusing but I think thats normal, I'm just having a bit of a read about it now. This is the second lens I have bought from OS and the first one never missed a beat (50mm 1,8 for the nikon) So hopefully this one will be as good. Pretty impressed with the delivery time too.

Neat sky!

No, making actions in PS isn't nearly as easy as presets in LR. They can turn out to not be as adjustable, too. I don't use actions very often - just happen to have this one from a friend that I have to tweak...it doesn't work for every photo but it does have an adjustment layer in it so can be tweaked a bit when needed (pretty much every damn photo).

I think there was free web sharpen one somewhere - maybe Totally Rad or hmm, what's that woman that lives on the ranch and blogs? Can't remember but I'll bet if you google you'll find a few.

Ok I will check it out, thanks.

I am loathed to post this next photo but I just put it on FB so I might as well put it here too, I thought it was a pretty good example of focus, I am finally starting to figure out the 7Ds focusing system. Any feedback from this shot appreciated.

0cc8be59.jpg

exif

f/4

1/400

iso 100

edited to add, I set the shot up and put the camera on a post, I totally forgot Hugas tip to put the focus on Manual but it worked out ok anyway.

Edited by tlc

More practicing for me, one from this morning and some from after work this evening.

I can tell with this one the focus is on his nose but I was still pretty happy with it.

7ee8107b.jpg

aba98369.jpg

1be4fad3.jpg

5bde6409.jpg

94b1da25.jpg

8fb1d489.jpg

I think I am slowly figuring out the 7D and the focus issues I have been having.

Edited by tlc

I think this lot is all pretty clear considering they are all inside with no flash.

Did you see the edit I did of your Sister and the doggy?

oooh I forgot about that, I only glimsed it on my phone only so off to see it now :)