Having Trouble With Photobucket

luvsdogs

I was trying to edit one of my photos on dol, making it smaller. I went to photobucket & did what I always do but every time I copy it to dol it's always the larger size. What's going on.

I have never been able to use the dol thingy for putting up photos.

I'm having the same issue with photobucket, and it's not DOL that's the issue, it's happening when I link the image everywhere.

I have a photo, I resized it on photobucket and when I link it it's coming up as the original size. Annoying!

Er, except I just re-tried to link the one of mine that wasn't working and it worked. So - hmm.

Edited by minimax

Are you putting the correct size up on Photobucket in the first place or loading the big file and then hoping it resizes properly for you?

I upload the size I want to display because I don't have any reason to have huge images/files there and then I know they will show properly wherever I pop them.

I'm putting up big files and expecting to resize. It did it for a long time no problem shrug.gif Don't see the point of all the editing functions if you have to do it before you upload? Lots of extra steps . iMO

LOL coz it works at least :)

No extra steps for me really, I do it all through Lightroom and just pop up the file.

Is there a help contact somewhere on the site? Maybe there's a simple solution - as I've never done anything other than host stuff there I have no idea where to look.

LOL coz it works at least :)

No extra steps for me really, I do it all through Lightroom and just pop up the file.

Is there a help contact somewhere on the site? Maybe there's a simple solution - as I've never done anything other than host stuff there I have no idea where to look.

I meant the editing functions Photobucket offers

Maybe I just need to find a better system as I import directly into iPhoto which doesn't resize.

I have submitted a support request and am waiting to hear back.

Am relieved it is not just me though laugh.gif

Edited by Cat

Until you mentioned editing features, I didn't even know photobucket had any :eek:

LR resizes on the EXPORT, not the import (well, I'm sure it can on the import maybe, but I don't see why you'd want to). One click for me exports the file ready for display on the web as that's how I have it set up as default. I *think* there's even a plugin for LR that will upload right to Photobucky but I use those images other places so put them in a folder on my hard drive and upload manually from there.

have got a reply

The problem is that the original version of the images are stuck in a cached state somewhere. Data on the Internet passes through several servers, even when simple tasks like serving an image are being performed. These servers keep cached data that refreshes at different intervals. The changes will appear eventually. You could try clearing your local cache, they may already be there.

Instructions on how to clear your cache:

http://photobucket.zendesk.com/entries/21118613-clear-your-browser-s-cache-and-cookies

If you want to changes to always show right away, the only way to accomplish that is by saving your edited files as COPIES instead of replacing the original. This creates a brand new file that is not cached anywhere. Then, re-post the new linking code to the site you're working on.