Other People Feeding The Dog

Staffyluv

Ziggy is predominantly barf fed... He also has cottage cheese, eggs, sardines, fruit and veg and if I am super busy he might get a bit of royal canin kibble. Plus the raw bones.. Brisket, chook necks and carcasses..

Family over yesterday and they gave him cooked bacon (we had a BBQ brunch for the kids birthday after the big night before).. He was sick for the rest of the day. Ate no dinner and I gave him some chicken necks for breaky this morning and within minutes he bought them back up..

So no tucker all day again and tonight I have given him a bit of chook stock with a tiny bit of chicken and rice.. He seems OK now, thankfully...

It was the same with my old boy...

I know they mean well but cricket it's annoying...

Edited by Staffyluv

I'd be putting my dog away where family cannot get to him.

Frosty barfed up most of last nights dinner, a kleenex (she nicks them out my pocket), some carrot and a piece of ball - I think she ate about a week ago. Sheesh. At least it's better out than in. She is feeling a bit sorry for herself now.

The sardines from dinner and yohgurt for breakfast - no sign of that. Figures.

I feel so sorry for them when they are not well..

Ziggy eats his toys and ropes and cardboard... They don't seem to bother him but hot food or greasy hot food and he barfs every time poor lad..

Sounds a bit pancreatic to me - something to watch.

I'd be crating him in another room and when they ask where he is tell them why.

I feel so sorry for them when they are not well..

Ziggy eats his toys and ropes and cardboard... They don't seem to bother him but hot food or greasy hot food and he barfs every time poor lad..

Sounds a bit pancreatic to me - something to watch.

I'd be crating him in another room and when they ask where he is tell them why.

I thought the same thing... My old stafford had a couple of bouts of pancreatitis, poor old man...

It's not like we see them that often (maybe twice a year).. I will just be more forceful next time they are here and tell them. It to feed him at all..

Everyone else that comes knows he doesn't get crap...

MM! I think he eats a fair variety of foods but I just don't give him stuff that I don't think is any good for him.

He had a pork bone once and was sick on that, so I tend not to give him any form of pork...

He is the same with roo, he gets really stinky on it with bad tummy rumbles and runny poop.. So I don't give him that at all either..

Isn't it just so annoying! I have given my parents strict instructions that my boy is to ONLY be fed at his mealtimes ie he gets a morning and night feed in HIS bowl. For us its not because he gets sick (although he puts on weight very quickly) but because he growls and whines constantly if he thinks there is any chance of getting food.

But its a vicious cycle with my parents. They have obviously fed him food from their plate at the table because if we all sit down to eat off he starts growling and grumbling. I always get mad at them but Dad's theory is that he growls because he's hungry and the only way to make him quiet is to feed him. ARGH!!!! He just doesn't get it that the only way to make him shut up is just to NEVER feed him at the table. It only happens at their house which is the only place he gets fed when he demands food.

I am grateful to them for babysitting for me sometimes but geez the dog with a lack of manners I get back is never good.

Whenever, we had a barbecue I'd give everyone a lecture not to feed the dog and if I caught them at it, there was hell to pay.

This. When people come to my house they are told very bluntly DO NOT FEED MY DOGS ANYTHING not even one potato chip, nothing. So far so good,my friends wouldn't be game when I have my serious face on.

I used to have a problem with family members feeding my dog, until it got to a really bad point and Gus was covered in really bad welts once they saw this and I made sure they knew he had to be rushed to the vets to get an antihistamine injection, and told them the next person to feed him will be paying the vet bill, I haven’t had a problem since.... I think just a warning not to feed the dog he gets really sick might do the trick?

Edited by TheCheekyMonster

Guest donatella

My mum gave mine a big hunk of lasange as a pup and I said don't do that she will be sick and guess who had to clean the diarrhea up back home when her guts finally processed it :eek: :eek:

Diarrhea and fluffy dogs is a very timely process.

Well we are off to the vets this afternoon as Ziggy is still funny with food.

He seems OK in himself and is still drinking but won't touch his barf patties or even some raw mince.

He spent 2 days on chicken broth and rice (with chicken added the second day) and seemed OK but back to normal food Tuesday night gave him a barf patty and he bought it back up. so gave him nothing til morning and he seemed like he was starving.

Gave him chicken necks (2) for breaky - within minutes of eating them he bought them back up - so resting his tummy all day Wednesday.

Last night gave him some more chicken broth and rice and that was OK.

A small serve of low fat mince (raw) was offered and he has been a bit flat on and off today, so think it is time for a checkup.

$150 later we have instructions for a fat free diet of bland food for the next couple of days and then start to reintroduce his food...

We got some antibiotics, rehydration stuff and some probiotics for after the antibiotics..

Vet wanted to do bloods to see pancreatic levels but said we could try this for a couple of days but if he is still throwing up tomorrow night we should come back for bloods on Saturday...

So much for hybrid vigor of mutts.. He is quite a delicate boof head...

But I love him to bits...

Feel better soon Ziggy! :kissbetter:

Oh he feels better.. Typical dog, as soon as I take him to the vets he perks up.

He is trying very hard to get me to throw his squeaky ball... Mind you he is supposed to be resting.

I might have to bring his crate back in...