Dressed Up Dogs: Is This Abuse?

sandgrubber

and another in a special dog pram :confused: . I got the impression some of these people were treating their dogs more like children - but they were all VERY much loved :)

I know someone who uses a dog pram as her dog has bad hips and gets sore and tired easily. She still loves to get out and about though. It's not because the owner treats the dog like her child, she just doesn't like her dog being in pain. Some people are quite rude to her about it when out and about but really it is the kindest thing for the dog who just loves people patting her and going on outings.:thumbsup:

I have another friend who has 6 little dogs and they go walking every evening. As the dogs are all at various stamina levels they go in the pram as they start to tire and the remaining dogs still get their longer walks. It works well for them but she said they do get strange looks! I have even see one of her dogs ask to go in the pram as she got tired, very cute, puts her front paws up and waits to be lifted in once she has had enough of walking :heart:

Edited by Clyde

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've just returned from a caravaning holiday and at this time of year caravan parks are full of Grey Nomads with their dogs (all types of breeds). 'Most' of their dogs had various outfits, although we also saw a SWF with a hot pink tail :eek: and another in a special dog pram :confused: . I got the impression some of these people were treating their dogs more like children - but they were all VERY much loved :)

Charlie has a dog stroller. He has no bones on his lower back but going out on walk with his family makes him happy... so what's the big deal about dogs having a stroller?

Why be confused for? :p

also.. does he look abused?

7393151010_5142574f97_m.jpg

and another in a special dog pram :confused: . I got the impression some of these people were treating their dogs more like children - but they were all VERY much loved :)

I know someone who uses a dog pram as her dog has bad hips and gets sore and tired easily. She still loves to get out and about though. It's not because the owner treats the dog like her child, she just doesn't like her dog being in pain. Some people are quite rude to her about it when out and about but really it is the kindest thing for the dog who just loves people patting her and going on outings.:thumbsup:

I have another friend who has 6 little dogs and they go walking every evening. As the dogs are all at various stamina levels they go in the pram as they start to tire and the remaining dogs still get their longer walks. It works well for them but she said they do get strange looks! I have even see one of her dogs ask to go in the pram as she got tired, very cute, puts her front paws up and waits to be lifted in once she has had enough of walking :heart:

I totally agree. Just because a dog can't walk very far doesn't mean it can't get some enjoyment and stimulation from going outside in a stroller! I'd definitely do it.

There's a woman in my area with three little dogs, 2 of whom are very old and frail. She has a customised shopping trolley/cart thing that they sit in. It's briliant :)

yeah when Mojo broke his leg I got a cheap pram from a garage sale so I could still take him out on walks. I think it was good for his mental health to get out with us. OH and son were embarrassed that I did this....but I thought 'meh who cares'.

All healed now so the pram has gone

I will put reindeer antlers on mine for Christmas pics but that's as far as it goes. Full on costumes??? I don't get it.

Its not abuse but it's pretty stupid.

Yep, I got antlers for a pic for Christmas for mine. Our families are overseas so it was was a cute festive pic to send them. The dogs loved it as they got paid in liver ; P

I have a raincoat for my tibbie X (non fleecy, just rain proof), otherwise he gets soaked and takes a long time to dry. My JRT X gets very cold, especially when we go camping, so I bought her a Polartex fleece which she loves. She also have a fleecy raincoat and won't go outside without it when it's raining. Both have no problems at all wearing them, they are fitted well and the dogs were introduced to them with treats.

I don't care what people think, I'll do what is best for my dogs.

I had antlers on Kenny at Xmas & that was my Xmas card photo, everyone loved it. Also bought him a T Shirt saying "blame the deed, not the breed", which he wore when we went for walks.