Litters Due November 2012

Monteba

yep. final tally is 5 boys and 2 girls. that's an average litter for goldens and lovely for me as i live alone. i have a few friends who also breed goldens and their biches are from lines that have a lot of pups, and its common for them to have 13 or 14 pups!! no way i could deal with that!!

pomz , my house looks like a crime scene. jumped in and out of the whelping box and just shook her entire body. i have gunk in my hair, all over the walls, and I'm pretty sure the ceilings popped it too!

Congrats GL!!! RIP to the two little angels :(.

Wow - sooo... does that mean I can call on you to help whelp mine in a few weeks (hopefully!) since you are such a pro!!? hahaha!

LOL i'm not sure i'd call myself a pro at whelping. Actually i felt i was a little rusty!!! My last litter was a c-section - that was pretty easy! Give me a yell though if you need a hand :)

lol Kadbury - it was a shocker!! It was like a dog hopping coming in from the water, and shaking everywhere, only it wasn't water - and not just once!! Several times, plus all the running around the kitchen/dining area sloshing gunk everywhere LOL. I've really never had a whelping like that. Sure the box, the bitch and the floor is a mess, but i don't generally have placenta hanging from my head :rofl:

hm placenta in the hair? could be a new fashion trend you started!

cologne: Eau De Whelp

Placental Hair pieces

Water Sac Tye-dye clothes

Yep, its a new thing often seen at dog shows and vets.....

I think you're on to something!! I could make a fortune with placenta products!!

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh look at them!!! :love: and the smile on her face says it all...the girls become very proud of their little ones don't they :)

Oh Piper. Guess what, just realized my new puppies name is your name "Piper" :laugh: meant to be I think, how uncanny :)

Oh look at them!!! :love: and the smile on her face says it all...the girls become very proud of their little ones don't they :)

Oh Piper. Guess what, just realized my new puppies name is your name "Piper" :laugh: meant to be I think, how uncanny :)

Well I hope she is as good for you as my Piper has been for me!

My Piper is 11.5 years old now, I got her with obedience and agility in mind but then she showed me herding. Piper is titled in obedience (CD), agility (AD, JD) and herding (HSBs HIAs HXAs). She is the highest titled dog in ANKC herding in SA, with titles on multiple course and stock types. At the first border collie nationals she was the most consistant dog across performance venues - gaining 3 x 3rds and a 4th in obedience, agility, jumping and herding. From what I could find in the results se was the only dog to place in all the performance areas and 3 of the 4 events were qualifications (damn you last bar in agility!). Whatever I ask piper to do, Piper does. We did dancing with dog demos well before it was a sport here and I keep thinking at 11.5 years of age I should enter her in that too as she loves working.

So I will hope that your girl is your everything too :)

Ava is too doting on her puppies and isn't looking after herself, very rarely leaves to eat dinner....but been told it's not uncommon for the first few days :)

Last time I just put Jazz's bowl in the whelping box for the first couple of days and then move it to just outside the box. It was in the room with her for the first 10 days though I think as she was not keen to leave the room.