Litters Due November 2012

Monteba

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well after a very long day an a non productive night, Jazz started to get extremely distressed and anxious at about 10pm. Contractions were not very strong and not very regular and the longer it went the more stressed she became. So at 10:30 we headed to the clinic close to home. They do full after hours emergency. 10:45 the decision was made that we would need to do a c-section. Just after 11pm the first puppy exited and gave me an OMG moment as I thought damn it I only have 2 and I have 1 with a full white head!!! But then the rest of him emerged and nope, we had a red and white boy. I was busy getting him going and my friend was handed pup number 2 - a black and white girl.

Not as smooth or easy sailing as the litter of 9 was but we have 2 healthy pups and a healthy Mum and that is the important bit.

I can highly recommend for anyone in SA needing after hours support the Blakes Crossing vet clinic. Service was good and the prices are extremely reasonable for an after hours c-section.

There will be pics later, I am a bit lacking in sleep and Jazz is still a bit anxious so I don't want to disturb her too much. She is a very attentive mum once again.

We are all a bit sleepy here today so just taking it easy. Convenient of her to manage it on a Saturday night so my husband and I can both have a quiet Sunday to recover :)

Fordogs - I am hoping to run on a girl so fingers crossed the body and temperament match the perfect markings in 2 months time! And with any luck the little red boy takes after my little red boy from the last litter who has the most divine temperament and has made a wonderful family dog for his owners.

Watching him being pulled out I couldn't see ANY colour to begin with. LOL It was a relief when he was all the way out and I realised he was red rather than horrendously mismarked!

The trouble with only 2 puppies - I have a great theme for this litter and so many names and only 2 to use them on.

Yes the red will continue to darken for quite sometime. A bit like goldens, until you have the adult coat you don't have the final colour. The ears are darker and 1 patch between the shoulder blades so there is definitely some colour change to occur. Looks like he will be a fluffy bugger too, quite wavy along his back when he came out.

My last litter had 1 almost the same shade and he has darkened up quite a bit, more than I thought he would. I expect this boy will do the same. He should end up somewhere in the middle range. He won't be cream but won't be a rich red either.

GL - love your pics, beautiful puppies.

Congrats Piper, lovely chunky babies.

My pups are 2 weeks old today, wormed and weighed and ribbons with colored snaps for ID.

Boy 1 / Blue 288g

Boy 2 / Burgundy 420g

Boy 3 / Yellow 498g

Boy 4 / Black 480g

Girl 1 / Purple 394g

Girl 2 / Green 496g

522_532724470073925_1688651036_n.jpg