Cheeky Checkout Woman

Kirislin

I was on the phone to the vet he was telling me I can come pick up Loki from his big snip so I sort of had no choice that he rang at that exact moment though :)

She didn't lose her job over it even though I have seen people lose their jobs for alot less.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been ripped off $100 once at Coles I handed the wrong money by mistake because I was on the phone and she counted it and knew there was extra and put it in her pocket, I realised just after I picked up my bags and tried to tell her that I gave her to much and she abused me saying that I only gave her $200 not $300 so I reported her to the manager and to her horror she was caught on camera putting it in her pocket.

Well there are lots of things wrong about that situation. If you weren't on the phone at the checkout it wouldn't have happened.

BUT, the little thieving turd shouldn't have stolen the money and deserved being sacked and the possible criminal record. What a complete cow and sucked in she got caught.

I have no tolerance for thieves. :mad

+1

I can't believe she even thought she could get away with putting it in her pocket and not getting caught. :eek: Disgusting.

I was on the phone to the vet he was telling me I can come pick up Loki from his big snip so I sort of had no choice that he rang at that exact moment though :)

She didn't lose her job over it even though I have seen people lose their jobs for alot less.

She wasn't sacked for stealing money when she works in retail?!

No she was given a warning because of her age she was like 15 or something. I make sure when I see someone I know in that certain coles to not go near her counter because she is a thief, she still dirtys me to this day and her mother called me a dog "S" word after the incident, horrid people.

Edited by thundercat

Seriously? People would complain?

I really would love to have the time and energy to get wound up over such insignificant moments in my life.

Fair enough it was a stupid comment to make but in the scheme of things, it's not a big deal and certainly not something I'd want to know I caused someone to lose their job over.

I wasn't wound up by it at all, but I do know, from personal experience, she can be a rude, quick tempered woman. I cannot imagine she would lose her job over it, but she might get some training on what to talk to customers about, and selling her cross bred puppies isn't one of them.

Sabbath - as a matter of interest - if instead of "do you want to buty a puppy?" she had said "Oh I'm a hooker on the side would your hubby be interested?" would you think that reportable?

:laugh: Yes, if everytime a bloke went through the checkout with a pack of condoms, the operator said "oh condoms, are you interested in having sex with me?"

Sabbath - as a matter of interest - if instead of "do you want to buty a puppy?" she had said "Oh I'm a hooker on the side would your hubby be interested?" would you think that reportable?

:laugh: Yes, if everytime a bloke went through the checkout with a pack of condoms, the operator said "oh condoms, are you interested in having sex with me?"

rofl....too funny.....not only condoms - don't forge what lubricant's for.....

Haha! I'm a guy so.... No.

I sincerely hope this is not a serious question.

I have been ripped off $100 once at Coles I handed the wrong money by mistake because I was on the phone and she counted it and knew there was extra and put it in her pocket, I realised just after I picked up my bags and tried to tell her that I gave her to much and she abused me saying that I only gave her $200 not $300 so I reported her to the manager and to her horror she was caught on camera putting it in her pocket.

AHAHA Way to go! I hope she was fired for her dishonesty. She was not only stealing off of you, but she wasn't even putting it in her till for her company, don't get me wrong, NETHER of those situations is a good thing.

I trust you got your money back in the end? But then, as a personal thing I find it rude when somebody is on the phone when they approach my register at work. I feel anybody on the phone ought to step out of the queue :)

Still, when people hand me too much money - and last week I had two people who did so, one $50 note and one $2 extra - I give it back to them. My personal feelings on how they are acting towards me do no matter.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I don't see why people are quick to say Kirislin's actions could cause the woman trouble at work

her OWN actions create a complaint. That is inappropriate behavior in a workplace and she should be reported particularly because she's also insulting a customer. There are repercussions for one's behavior, if people complained a little more about poor service you would probably find it would improve.

bwahahahahaha :rofl: :rofl:

Yes, BYB are stupid and irresponsible. Yes she needs education. Yes it was stupid of her to offer the pups to a customer.

But Jesus Christ some of you people are out of control. Report her? Seriously? So you want to put her employment in jeopardy just because you know better and feel superior?

Because when I pay for my groceries, I don't want a free serve of bullshit.

:thumbsup:

Sabbath I think you're seeing the wrong point. Kirislin and many of the people here, myself included, may have a personal issue with her BYB attitude, but it wasn't that which was reported (As has been said why would her management care about her motivation for breeding dogs) - it was the fact that she was trying to sell a passing customer something for personal profit. Personally I wouldn't be impressed at being offered a puppy in a supermarket checkout no matter how it was bred and I would likely report myself. The only way mistakes can be fixed is to address them, not ignore them.

My daughters friend got their last dog via a conversation at a Supermarket checkout! Not sure if it was another customer or the Checkout lady...my point is people chat about ALL manner of things and putting your foot in your mouth seems to be a favorite pastime of some. :mad

AHAHA Way to go! I hope she was fired for her dishonesty. She was not only stealing off of you, but she wasn't even putting it in her till for her company, don't get me wrong, NETHER of those situations is a good thing.

I trust you got your money back in the end? But then, as a personal thing I find it rude when somebody is on the phone when they approach my register at work. I feel anybody on the phone ought to step out of the queue :)

Still, when people hand me too much money - and last week I had two people who did so, one $50 note and one $2 extra - I give it back to them. My personal feelings on how they are acting towards me do no matter.

I had a stupid moment once and accidentally gave somebody $100 too much in change. :eek: He just looked at me and handed it back. I was so grateful that he didn't just walk off with it!

I have seen an elderly lady at the vinnies do this :( and the guy smirked and walked off I tried to tell her about it but to be honest its not like she would be able to do much about it. He bought a $10 item and she gave him 2 $10 notes back when he paid with a $20..... I hate dishonesty :(